This role would suit a candidate who has a strong Manufacturing background (perhaps a Manufacturing Engineer)coupled with some Project Manager experience with knowledge of PCB Assembly.
Contract Duration: 6 months
Hourly Rate: the department are offering competitive hourly rates
Security Information: Please Note you must be eligible for SC Security Clearance (unfortunately due to security restrictions for this role, the candidate will need to be a British National with no dual nationality and must have resided in the UK for at least 4 of the past 5 years).
Assistant Project Manager (PCB Assembly) Job Description:
Co-ordinate, oversee and manage the delivery of development PCB Assemblies in a fast moving development environment, via both our internal facility and key external offload partnerships. This role requires management and leadership skills across a number of core disciplines, including customers and suppliers, with the ability to influence others.
* Responsible for engagement with customers, suppliers, design, procurement and manufacturing teams to ensure requirements are fully captured.
* Liaise with the PCB-A Governance Team and project stakeholders to understand the most appropriate, effective and efficient route for rapid prototype and subsequent production build has been considered,
* Primarily responsible for the rapid delivery of hardware for PCB-A (CCA) requirements during the development phase, working closely with Manufacturing (Stevenage and Bolton), Electronic Engineering, Equipment and Procurement Teams.
* Maintain and build relationships with external suppliers, developing future strategies and agreements to support the business need.
* Management of PCB-A workload ensuring activities are planned and delivered within acceptable / agreed timescales, supporting any follow on integration activities.
* Work with the series production team at Bolton to ensure development proving activities are co-ordinated to support the transition to production.
* Creation of robust estimates to support activities.
* Accurate reporting for both internal and external customer needs.
Role requirements (skills, training and qualifications):
* Experienced Project Manager with a proven track record in the delivery of complex products and manufacturing support within a high profile manufacturing environment.
* PCB-A technical background is preferred but not essential, but good management skills to collaborate across departments are required.
* Experience within an engineering or production environment would be of preference.
* Enthusiastic, pro-active and tenacious individual who can prioritise and understand strategic business need as well as managing the day-to-day tactical decisions.
* A natural communicator, able to build strong relationships with experience at driving multi-functional teams and delivering to tight timescales.
Advantage Resourcing is a service driven recruitment consultancy.
- Security Clearance
- project manager
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job