Assistant Project Manager - London
About the role
Capita Real Estate and Infrastructure is currently looking for an Assistant Project Manager to join our team in London (Gresham Street). Our established team of Project Managers is working on a range of high profile projects including Battersea Power Station, Somerleyton Road, Amazon, major university refurbishments, commercial refurbishments in the City and housing regeneration schemes.
We are currently recruiting for an ambitious Assistant Project Manager to provide effective assistance to senior team members, ensuring a high level of technical, financial and commercial control.
This is an excellent opportunity for an Assistant Project Manager to join an exciting and dynamic office working across a broad range of sectors and disciplines with great potential for career development and focus on staff investment and regular social events.
About Capita | Local Government, Health & Property
Capita Local Government Health & Property is part of Capita plc, the UK's leading provider of business process management and integrated professional support service solutions, with 68,000 staff across the UK, Europe, South Africa and India.
We are one of the UK's largest and most diverse multidisciplinary consultancies in the design, management, infrastructure, real estate, civil engineering, environmental management and transport sectors. We are also the market leader in strategic public-private partnerships with local government clients.
We have over 4,000 staff based in 60 UK & Ireland offices offering a vast range of professional and technical expertise across an unrivalled number of services. The breadth and depth of our experience ensures that we are able to add value to any project, regardless of size, complexity or sector.
What you will do:
- Writing Project Execution Plans (PEP) for review with Associate / Senior Colleague.
- Sourcing fee proposals from consultants and suppliers.
- Putting forward recommendations to client.
- Undertaking post contract administration.
- Preparing and managing Risk Registers.
- Monitoring progress against programme and advising of potential delays with mitigation plans.
- Attending Design Team Meetings - recording / writing minutes.
- Organising the team as to actions required and agreeing timescales.
- Attending meetings with Clients and stakeholders and developing relationships.
- Producing Action Reports for Clients.
Your experience will include:
- BSc/MSc in a relevant engineering/building/project management related subject.
- Achieved the APMP Project Manager qualification or similar or be working towards it.
- Experience of project management within the construction sector.
- Previous working experience with a Consultant PM environment.
- Understanding of project management systems.
- Understanding construction contracts.
What's in it for you?
At Capita, training and development are not optional extras: they're how we do our job. We will motivate you to perform at your peak, recognising your achievements and rewarding them appropriately. As well as a generous basic salary we also give you25 days' holiday, company pension scheme and access to voluntary benefit options including child care vouchers, share save scheme, life assurance, holiday buy and many more designed to suit your own personal lifestyle. All of this, in a professional but fun environment.
What we hope you will do next
Help us find out more about you by completing our short application process - click apply now.
Capita operates as an equal opportunities employer and we welcome all applications regardless of gender, marital status, sexual orientation, pregnancy, race, colour, ethnic origin, nationality, religion or beliefs, disability, age, political opinions or trade union membership.
Listen | Create | Deliver
Follow Capita on twitter @capitacareers
Follow Capita on facebook @careersatcapita
Capita Resourcing welcome applications from all suitably qualified people regardless of gender, race, disability, age or sexual orientation.
Capita Resourcing is a trading name of Capita Resourcing Ltd. Services offered are those of an Employment Agency and Employment Business. Applicants will be required to register with us.
If you are successful with your application, you will need complete Capita's vetting and screening checks. This will include, but not be limited to, Reference Checks, a Criminality Check, Financial Probity Check, Sanctions Check and Media Check.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job