Assistant Program Manager
Warwick or London
KAP is one of Kantar’s largest technology projects made up of six scrum teams working together to produce a single integrated system which automates the research process. Each scrum team has a Project Manager who manages the day to day workings of the team and ensures that their team is working in a way which compliments how other teams are moving forwards helping to ensure consistent delivery. The overall management of the project is handled by a Program Manager, but the size & scale of the project, and the way it touches so many other business critical systems, means that we now need further support in managing the overall project. We are therefore looking to recruit an Assistant Program Manager to ensure the project continues to successfully deliver.
The person in this role will be responsible for providing support with project planning, project tracking, and resource allocation across the multiple teams, along with ensuring the day to day delivery is aligned and focussed on the requirements of the business. Initially, the role will have no direct line reports. However, The role will operate in a matrix where they will exert significant control over the activities and priorities of numerous staff working on this essential software system. As the Assistant Program Manager on the project, they will be directly responsible for helping Kantar deliver this critical product and hence insights to its clients, which include the largest, most creative, and tech-savvy companies in the world.
- Work with the multiple project teams including developers, stakeholders, analysts and project managers to deliver KAP solution on-time and budget
- Work globally to collaborate with team members in different locations and different roles
- Gain an understanding of business requirements to be able to understand dependencies and to prioritize and lead work across projects
- Help develop clear timelines for development, testing, and deployment that consider complex and interleaved dependencies between both tasks and resources
- Help prepare to negotiate solutions that meet the business needs while also being achievable within an acceptable timeframe
- Identify risks and work efficiently to mitigate and avoid risk actualization
- Monitor progress towards the project objectives and provide regular communication of status to all stakeholders, including senior management
- Work closely with in-house and 3rd party developers & testers to ensure timely delivery of a quality solution
- Ensure compliance with company standard processes and policies for the KAP project
- Design and own an effective Governance structure within the program.
Main Activities & Responsibilities
- Work alongside the Program Manager to deliver required functionality on-time and budget
- Ensures internal & external Pen testing is conducted as appropriate and kept up to date
- Liaise with other teams to ensure dependencies that KAP has are effectively managed and release cycles (& appropriate testing) are in sync (Affectiva, EyeSquare, QLib, Link, AQ & Dimensions clusters)
- Ensures Quality reviews occur on schedule and according to procedure.
- Set up project files, compile and distribute reports.
- Provides administrative services to the program manager, project boards and project assurance teams
- Provides guidance on project management approach, procedures, processes, tools and techniques to the different teams to help ensure consistency.
- Selects, adopts and adapts appropriate systems development methods, tools and techniques selecting appropriately and ensuring teams follow these
- Monitors and reports on the progress of the development project, ensuring that this is carried out in accordance with agreed architectures, standards, methods and procedures (including secure software development).
- Help develops road maps to communicate future development activity at different levels of detail depending on the audience.
- Develops plans for different delivery scenarios based on potential resources being available
- Facilitates the implementation of ‘Core’ development priorities across the teams
- Ensures teams continue to balance business benefit features with technical debt or architectural work
- Support the program’s Disaster Recovery plans and associated testing
- Support the release process and refining this to include further automation & ensure necessary back up resources are trained
- Monitor the business support process and periodically review to improve and enhance the level of service provided over time. Ensure First line support continue to increase their knowledge and resolve a higher proportion of tickets
- Own the review meeting process and ensure these add value and meet their objectives
- Monitor the usage of Azure Dev Ops and review how teams use this to become more efficient & effective over time
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'