Assistant Production Manager
Monday - Friday
- Assisting in overseeing a busy production operation
- Lead a team of production operatives
- Keeping a handle on both output and costs ensure that Agency colleagues are kept to a minimum, whilst ensuring all customer orders are met
- Management and control of all costs associated with the operation
- Ensure smooth running of all functions
- Manage and motivate employees effectively
- Report on performance according to company requirements
- Communicate company strategy and continues improvement plans
- Report defective machinery within the operation
- Monitor and progress all production related activities
- Labour recourse management
- In absence of the production manager attend health and safety meetings
- SAP/Production stats compliance to standard
- Site Supervision
- Graduate in an industrial or business based discipline.
- Clear and demonstrable record of personal development following graduation.
- Substantial experience (2 years minimum) of continuous process plant operation, with a tangible reference to process improvement, utilising people engagement, made during that period.
- Experience in a 24/7 unionised process production environment.
- Leadership and communication style which is motivating and engaging to individuals and teams.
- Capable of demonstrating the importance of Values based fully aligned policy deployment to achieve demanding business targets.
- A demonstrable passion for Continuous Improvement.
- Experienced in applying Performance Management process.
- An understanding of the fundamental principles of Continuous Improvement and knowledge of the full range of tools and techniques. Beyond this an understanding of the importance of providing the correct environment, in terms of culture and behaviours, to sustain improvement, and experience in creating such an environment.
Search is an equal opportunities recruiter and we welcome applications from all suitably skilled or qualified applicants, regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/beliefs, sexual orientation or age.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job