Assistant Production Manager - Salary Negotiable - Nantwich - Permanent
My client is a UK based distributor, and following expansion the business is looking for an Assistant Production Manager.
This role would fit an experience machinist or a mechanical/electrical engineer graduate. You must have a keen interest in electronics, have a high attention to detail, experience of dealing with customers.
If you have experience operating NC or CNC machinery or CAD software this would be a huge advantage.
The company now seeks to recruit an ambitious and versatile person with strong engineering skillsets to supervise the day-to-day running of the newly installed machine shop, but who will also be required to assist other members of the product management team in the development and delivery of the company’s product management strategies. This may include definition of stocking portfolios from key manufacturer partners; the management of the company’s online trading websites; negotiation of pricing agreements with manufacturer partners; management of resell pricing levels; and marketing and publicity support to maintain the company’s market profile. The individual will also be required to support internal and external sales staff on matters of a technical nature.
They will be required to liaise with manufacturing partners to determine the most effective use of the machine shop resource to satisfy the customers’ expectations. The candidate would also be expected to support the product manager with commercial demands to maximise the available capacity of the machine shop and associated programme.
• Operate NC and CNC machines
• Carry out detailed test procedures
• Create CAD drawings and manage the CAD database
• Manage the day to day task of the machine shop
• Manage the machines job schedules
• Manage stock of machine tools and work holdings.
• Liaise with suppliers to drive further efficiencies into the machine shop
• Liaise with customers to understand their requirements
• Work closely with local engineering companies to provide other value-added solutions to the company’s customers.
• Support the product manager in specifying new equipment and introducing new systems to improve efficiencies.
• Support the product manager on technical product queries.
This is a brilliant time to join the business and watch them grow and expand.
If you want to know more, please apply today!
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job