This is a growing company looking for a hungry and driven assistant to work in new product development.Their product development team are a key team within the business as they provide the vital link between our suppliers and supply chain team and our sales and commercial teams. Assisting category managers with the implementation of new product introductions into our clients range and category management of existing product ranges
- Visiting customers with the National Account Manager or Sales Director for specific customers and help follow these project from inception to delivery.
- Benchmark competitor product ranges against proposed product ranges for key customers in terms of price and product specification.
- Creating product development sheets for each customer to brief in product changes to suppliers.
- Brief in and check artwork (packaging, display presenters or point of sale) to external agencies either self-pointed or appointed by our customers.
- Product group analysis by SKU to ensure all sales opportunities are met and ensure any poor performing products are managed profitably out of the business with the support of the category management and commercial teams.
- Ensure product specifications are correct and help collate and upkeep product information.
- Assist sales teams, customers and China supply team and UK supply team with product queries that they might have.
- Update range sheets for category managers to a high standard and ensure that all stake holders within the business are updated on any developments.
- Attend photo shoots, exhibitions, and external customer visits.
Key skills and attributes
- Enthusiastic self-starter with a can-do attitude
- Previous experience and knowledge of a retail or supply chain environment.
- Strong presentation skills, confidence, and gravitas in front of customers
- High attention to detail
- Entrepreneurial flair
- Ability to work to tight deadlines
- Analytical minded
- Strong Microsoft office skills - Word, Excel, PowerPoint
Please note: Only candidates with the relevant skills and experience will be contacted regarding this position.
If you do not hear back from us within 5 days you have unfortunately been unsuccessful in your application for this position, however we may contact you in the future to discuss other opportunities
Please note that no terminology in this advert is intended to discriminate on the grounds of a person's gender, marital status, race, religion, colour, age, disability or sexual orientation. Every candidate will be assessed only in accordance with their merits, qualifications and abilities to perform the duties of the job.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job