Assistant Product Manager
Covers are the South’s leading family owned Timber and Builders Merchants with 14 Branches in Sussex, Surrey, Hampshire and Kent.
If you are hungry for a career within product management and have experience of working on a busy Trade Counter or Sales Office at a Builders Merchants then read on!
The successful applicant will be required to support the two Product Managers with creation of strategy, promotions, ranging and pricing policies to maximise sales turnover and gross profit.
The main duties of the role are to:
- Be the first line of support to all Covers branches and Covers external sales reps in relation to any supplier / category queries.
- Work with Product Managers to extract and analyse trading system information. Support the formulation of plans and action accordingly to optimise £ profit.
- Assist the Product Manager in the creation, implementation and ongoing review of company category plans.
- Track and report monthly performance of major categories and, with support of Product Manager, take action to affect any positive change deemed necessary.
- Work collaboratively with all stakeholders to ensure system pricing is credible and fit for company trading
- Prepare for and take an active role in supplier meetings as directed by both Product Manager and Commercial Director.
- Facilitate the amendment of the trading system (Bistrack) as directed by the Product Manager in support of any company wide promotional, pricing or ranging activity.
- Liaise with and support Marketing team as directed by the Product Manager in relation to any material required for upcoming promotional activity.
- Undertake regular branch visits with Product Manager and support in any range and merchandising requirements.
To be successful in the role, you must:
- Have a good understanding of Builders Merchants and understand how they operate
- Be commercially aware
- Be a team player
- Be competent in using Excel
- Have excellent Communication Skills
- Have high attention to detail and accuracy
- Have a proven track record of learning quickly and responding to change.
If you’re looking for a fantastic opportunity where you can grow and progress then this role would be ideal as coaching and direction will be given to help you realise your aspirations.
This is Full Time, Monday to Friday role based at our Head Office, Chichester. Due to the nature of the role, a full driving licence and a willingness to travel is essential.
- Commercial Awareness
- Communication Skills
- Microsoft Excel
- Positive Team Player
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job