Do you believe the world deserves excellence?
BSI is the business standards company that equips businesses with the necessary solutions to turn standards of best practice into habits of excellence. BSI’s influence spans multiple sectors including Aerospace, Automotive, Built Environment, Food, Healthcare and ICT. With over 80,000 clients in 150 countries, BSI is an organization whose standards inspire excellence across the globe.
An excellent opportunity for an Assistant Product Manager to join our team in Chiswick, West London.About the Role
The Assistant Product Manager will play a key role in supporting the product development team and the development and operation of a suite of highly profitable online products. The Assistant Product Manager will work within a team of Product Managers to ensure that thorough analysis of customer requirements are at the heart of our product development and management activities.
The role requires that the Assistant Product Manager execute the detail of technical product delivery and management. The right candidate will demonstrate strong analytical skills and technical literacy.
Key Responsibilities & Accountabilities
- Supporting and working alongside Product Managers and technical development teams to translate customer requirements into functional specifications with active participation in the development, testing and ongoing enhancement of their products.
- Assume shared responsibility for maintenance and activities associated with our flagship subscription product, British Standards Online (BSOL).
- Assume shared responsibility for maintaining our consortium subscription product, Perinorm.
- Manage new idea proposals from across the business into the development pipeline.
- Analysis of competing products and services to ensure that our offerings exceed both customer expectations and competitor offerings.
- Act as first point of contact for sales & support enquiries related to our portfolio of online information products.
- Involvement in running customer panels and other customer-facing activities, including requirements gathering, customer visits and representation of our products/BSI at trade shows and exhibitions.
- Management and development of sales tools and product documentation
Direct experience of working with online products/services for professional audiences in a product development or technical support capacity.
Demonstrable experience of gathering and analysing customer feedback, product usage information.
Experience working closely with product development teams and technical project teams.
At least intermediate skills in most Microsoft Office products, but especially Excel.
Resourceful and problem-solving outlook.
Excellent communications skills: written, informal and formal presentations.
Determined, self-motivated and able to work well as part of a cross-functional team.
Analytical with excellent attention to detail.
Adaptable to changing requirements and priorities.
What we offer:
We offer a highly competitive starting salary, 27 days annual leave with the opportunity to increase this to 30 days, company-paid private medical insurance, an excellent company-contributed pension scheme, and a wide range of flexible benefits that you can tailor to suit your life-style. Plus, as we’re situated just above Gunnersbury Tube station it makes for a really easy commute, or you can use the free on-site parking if you’d prefer to drive.