An exciting opportunity has arisen to join our Marketing team here at Matalan as an Assistant Producer. Reporting into the Shoot Producer and working with the wider team for the execution of all campaigns, an Assistant Producer will plan and produce content on multiple platforms, in accordance with external legislation and guidelines. You will have a good understanding of the creative process and be confident managing smaller scale campaigns, with solid production skills to push your productions through to completion on time and with budget. You will also have experience supporting the senior members of the production team on larger scale campaigns.
- Support senior members of the production team on all shoots for shoots in the UK and abroad.
- Work closely with wider teams across the business to identify and collate requirements for content creation across multi platforms for the business.
- Clear understanding of production budgets, schedules & critical paths to ensure smooth running productions and clear communication to the wider business to ensure assets are delivered in time and within budget.
- Set up suppliers, process all invoices, raising PO’s to ensure suppliers are paid on time keeping up to date records of budget at all times.
- Plan, prioritize and manage workloads across multiple productions at any one time.
- Working with creative departments and creative partners to craft the best content within the timeframe and budget available, maintaining consistency on the work you develop.
- Accurately and confidently communicate creative ideas to suppliers on behalf of the creative team when required – i.e presenting storyboards/scripts to suppliers. .
- Becoming known & respected as a central, trusted point of contact for the business on your productions.
- The ability to work on multiple projects, at pace, often in a live event environment.
- Keep the production team and creative teams up to date with inspirational new campaigns, photographers, new technology, new faces, and fresh up-coming talent
- Developing and maintaining excellent relationships with wider departments throughout Matalan.
- Ability to prioritise workload efficiently and manage multiple projects
- Be organised and supporting management of invoices to ensure budgets are kept up to date at all times.
- Knowledge of end to end production inc good knowledge of all model, photography, Location agencies and studios.
- Can work effectively under pressure, react quickly and meet tight deadlines
- Have excellent communication skills
- Be aware of relevant health and safety laws and procedures especially for kids shoots.
- Ability to think creatively and “outside the box”
- Can work independently and as part of a team
- Self-motivation and adaptability
Founded in the early 1980s by John Hargreaves in Liverpool, Matalan is a family retail business that is proud to serve its customer excellent quality at great value. With over 200 stores in the UK, a growing online presence and over 15,000 employees, working here is exciting, collaborative, challenging, and above all fun! As part of the Matalan family you can expect some great benefits and the opportunity to be part of our exciting vision - to become the UK’s most trusted value retailer. This is Retail Made Real.
In the event that a high volume of suitable applications are received, the post may close prior to the specified closing date. Please apply as soon as possible if interested.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job