The candidate will have a detailed understanding of all procurement procedures, including EU tendering, and have proven experience of delivering savings and managing collaborative relationships with like minded organisations and key strategic suppliers. The post requires a professional, motivated and enthusiastic approach, excellent organisational skills, the ability to communicate at all levels and to have a flexible approach to work.
Build collaborative relationships:
- Seek to develop productive ongoing relationships with customers and suppliers
- Develop knowledge of requirements and provide relevant information and guidance
- Assist the procurement team in providing information to influence customers to standardise products and consider cost-effective approaches
- Seek to persuade customers to standardise products and cost-effective approaches by proactively monitoring and making suggestions
- Develop and improve the relationship with other departments by ensuring quick and effective response to queries and complaints
Strategic purchasing and supply activity:
- Support the Procurement Manager in maintaining the procurement work plans
- Assist the Procurement Manager in identifying opportunities for strategic development of the contracts portfolio and savings opportunities across the supply chain
- Assist the Procurement Manager in managing market, supplier and product research to develop purchasing and negotiation strategies
- Where applicable utilise the Ratification document template to build sound commercial strategies and reasoning with the key stakeholders.
- Advise user departments and suppliers on all aspects of procurement processes, public procurement and European Union competition rules to ensure probity and corporate governance are maintained.
- Introduces new purchasing policies and practices in respect of specific areas of work, which impact on user departments and propose changes to wider departmental policies where necessary
- Organises resources to deliver agreed work-plans, adjusting priorities to reflect the needs throughout the year
- Authorising purchase orders for goods and services to deliver best value for money
Contract Development and Management:
- Assist with the delivery of a section of the departmental work-plan within the Team, which the post holder has delegated responsibility for
- Maintain links with all other areas of the procurement department in ensuring the timely delivery of the Procurement CIP work-plan
- Ensure post holder and staff follow all relevant purchasing procedures
- Use initiative to improve results and share good practice
- Meet individual targets and performance indicators in respect of delegated projects
If you feel that you are the right candidate for the role, please apply now.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"