Assistant Procurement Manager - International Retailer - Job Summary
An exciting an opportunity for procurement professional looking to join a top performing team and play a key role in the next stage of the division’s development. Our client is a leading FTSE 250 business that is looking for an ambitious individual to join their procurement department.
The role is ideal of someone with excellent interpersonal and communications skills who is eager to develop their career. Working alongside various departments within the business, experience in budget management / control is essential
Assistant Procurement Manager - International Retailer - Role Responsibility
The Assistant Procurement Manager role works closely with various internal departments across the business to ensure that all retail services can be delivered and maintained. As well as standard procurement functions, the role covers various other parts of the business and is ideal for an ambitious procurement professional looking to develop their own - wider - understanding of a leading retailer.
- Cost Management and contract negotiation
- Budget and invoice management - including insurance
- Data Management - ensuring high levels of compliance
- Debt Management
- Overseeing the control and purchasing of all company vehicles
- Control of all company purchasing to ensure the best possible value for money
- Contract management and renewal
- Project Management on an ad-hoc basis
- Ensure legal compliance
Assistant Procurement Manager - International Retailer - The Ideal Candidate
- Experience within a procurement role ideally within the retail or hospitality sector
- Budget Management experience is essential
- Eager to learn various aspects of a retail business
- Excellent internal personal communication and influencing skills
- Strong IT skills
Detail2Retail is acting as an employment agency. We are the chosen recruitment partner for many of the UKs leading Retailers.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job