The successful applicant will be expected to:
* Undertake the contract and procurement process for low value, low risk contracts/ procurement, within specific categories.
* To maintain and develop strong working relationships with customers and low value/low risk 3rd party providers to ensure that the quality of service provision is consistently met.
* To monitor low value/low risk Service Level Agreements, Operating Agreements and contracts in line with agreed priorities
* To review existing contracts of low value and risk, and Service Level Agreements to ensure that the contract provides best value. Use standard Terms & Conditions for the renewal of contracts.
* Update a structured contract documentation storage system (e.g. EU Supply and Blue Light Procurement Database), enabling the provision of relevant information quickly and efficiently.
KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
Educated to level 4 in a procurement or business related subject (or working towards) or equivalent relevant experience
Some experience of purchasing and procurement across a broad range of environments for example technology, finance, estates and human resources which will include:
* Tendering process
* Drafting, negotiating and managing the procurement process
* Monitoring, reviewing and evaluation of contract compliance
* Some work experience required in a customer facing role.
* Some experience of collating and presenting information
KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS
* Knowledge of procurement and contract law.
* Excellent verbal and written communications skills with the ability to be assertive when dealing with external customers and suppliers
* Excellent numeracy skills.
* Attention to detail and the ability to record information accurately
* Computer literacy in standard Microsoft Office packages
* Ability to work on own initiative
This post is subject to an enhanced level of vetting which must be satisfied before appointment
In order to be considered for this position, please either apply directly to the advert, or contact Amy at Adecco on
Adecco is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy. The Adecco Group UK & Ireland is an Equal Opportunities Employer.
- Procurement / Contracts / Officer / Assistant / Public Sector / Business / Cheshire Constabulary / Purchasing / Compliance / Tendering
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job