Assistant / Practice Accountant
Location: Banbury, Oxfordshire, OX16 2EH.
Salary: £20 - £30K.
Contract: Full time, permanent.
We are part of an award winning, UK-wide network of accountants with more than 280 offices supporting more than 60,000 clients. We specialise in providing accountancy and taxation services to small businesses.
About the role
We are seeking an accountant with practice experience to join our growing, ambitious accountancy practice. We require a confident, motivated professional to help us continue to deliver an unrivalled service to our clients.
If you can combine a strong desire to progress within a Practice Accountant role along with a very high degree of IT literacy, excellent communication skills and some relevant experience then your application would also be welcome.
Duties and responsibilities
• Review and prepare self-assessment tax returns, accounts for sole traders and partnerships.
• Dealing with clients and HRMC enquiries and queries
• Reviews & prepares Ltd company accounts, year-end accounts, corporation tax returns, payroll & CIS
• Preparation of bookkeeping and VAT returns/submission
• Assist with training new members of staff when required
• Providing advice and guidance to clients and junior staff when required
• Migrating clients onto cloud accounting bookkeeping systems
What we need from you
• Comfortable talking to small business owners about their accounts and tax returns at their level
• Strong knowledge of accounting systems, UK tax laws and accounting standards applicable to small business
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills to both clients and colleagues
• You will have made significant progress towards or have completed your AAT or ACCA qualification and have several years’ experience within the accountancy profession.
• Qualified by experience would also be considered
• Knowledge of Quickbooks, TaxCalc, Sage, Xero, Moneysoft and Brightpay (training will be provided)
• In house training programme at our National Training Academy and external trainers
This is an excellent opportunity for a capable individual who enjoys working as part of a team to deliver excellent client service. The ideal candidate will be looking to develop their skills in a rapidly growing and dynamic business using industry leading software with support from a multi award winning accountancy network.
If we’ve just described you and you want to experience the rewarding and varied nature of working with small businesses in a friendly local business atmosphere, then click the APPLY button to forward an up to date CV and cover letter.
Strictly no agencies.
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'