Our client is the London based Single Family Office of an UHNW family, established to manage the affairs and financial interests across a broad range of sectors and interests.
They are seeking an Assistant Portfolio Manager to support the Senior Investment Manager on all aspects of the investment process. This will include ensuring that trades are executed and settled promptly & correctly, liaising with the various banks that are used for trading and research. They will be responsible for performing detailed analysis of and research into specific market and industry sector analysis as required, main listed investments such as equities, bonds, funds etc.
Additional responsibilities will include providing analytical support to private equity/ direct investment projects, which will include financial statements analysis and market forecasting.
This role will suit someone who has strong analytical skills but happy get hands dirty on doing the actual Portfolio Management - input trades, performance calculation process and verification, settlements etc. They will be hard working and very team oriented, interested in investments and finance and able to work under pressure.
Key responsibilities include:
- Undertake specific research on an ad-hoc basis (equity, bonds, funds, etc.). It is crucial to have experience of research and analysis of direct equities rather than through funds.
- Input trades on the firm’s front office portfolio management system
- Support the performance calculation process and verification
- Support the client reporting function
- Deal with specific client information requests, e.g. from trustees
- Support the settlement process
- Support the risk and controls of the portfolio
- Analyse specific aspects of the portfolio
- Prepare client presentations
- Perform financial statement analysis
- Perform market analysis for direct investment projects
The job description does not provide an exhaustive list of the duties within the role. The job holder will be expected to undertake any other duties that may be reasonably requested.
This represents a rare opportunity to join a significant Single Family Office with exposure to and responsibility for sizeable and broad ranging investments.
Please note that due to the high level of interest in this role, only the strongest fitting candidates will be contacted.
- Analytical Skills
- Portfolio Management