Attention all Payrollers, don’t scroll on and please take your finger off the mouse as unlike Bono in U2, I hope you may have just found what you are looking for.. we have a great opportunity based in the heart of St Albans. Our client is not only well respected and a top chartered accountancy practice who are growing rapidly, they offer so much more… excellent working culture, work life balance, a supportive and open management style which will allow you to operate with freedom as well as a brand with core values you would be proud to stand behind.
The role will be managing a team of Payroll Administrators as well as overseeing a wide and varied client payroll from all industry sectors including large corporates operating nationally and internationally, the professions and arts and privately-owned businesses of every size.
- Assist the Payroll Manager with the review of payrolls prepared and processed by Payroll Team members
- Undertake the processing of more complex payrolls on behalf of various partners ensuring accuracy throughout the payroll cycle
- Advise clients on PAYE related matters including employment, pay issues and auto enrolment queries by phone, email and through client meetings, ensuring that payroll advice delivered is technically sound and relevant to client needs
- Provide assistance to the Payroll Team in dealing with clients’ PAYE affairs including the registration and closure of PAYE schemes and preparation of PAYE related documentation
- Provide assistance to the Payroll Team in managing the introduction or transfer of new clients, including the set-up of new clients on internal software and the set-up of payroll schemes for clients
- Respond to enquiries from clients, HMRC, the Payroll Manager and Partners in relation to the provision of payroll information
- Oversee the end of year Final Full payment submissions and the production of P60’s
- Prepare/review billing information in accordance with departmental requirements and support budgeting and forecasting activities together with reviewing monthly bills prepared by you and members of the Payroll Team
- Monitor workloads and client allocations within the Payroll Team, reporting to the Payroll Manager on a regular basis to ensure that work is well managed and appropriately allocated within the team
- Day-to-day management of the Payroll Team, which may include dealing effectively with personnel issues relating to absenteeism, performance issues as well as appraising staff alongside the Payroll Manager
- Work closely with and look for opportunities to assist the Payroll Manager to identify opportunities to refine existing departmental procedures, including compliance procedures, to deliver a better quality service and/or develop the department
Vertex HR are a boutique recruitment practice specialising solely within HR and Payroll recruitment across Milton Keynes, Bedfordshire, Hertfordshire, Northamptonshire and Cambridgeshire
- Management Skills
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'