Job Title - Assistant Operations Planner
Location - Carnforth, Lancashire
Rates - £130 - £150 per day (In Scope of IR35)
About the role / project:
Working in the structures examinations team on the Lancashire and Cumbria route. There are four people already in the team. Training will be provided and duties will include the following:
What you will do:
- Provide Assistance in respect of the planning processes; communication; becoming aware of accountabilities and responsibilities.
- To develop, maintain and progress quality possession plans / schedules in line with the functional processes and project requirements.
- Maintain key interdependencies between scheduled examinations and programmes confirming appropriate monitoring and action is undertaken as required in a timely manner.
- Demonstrate through agreed performance indicators the efficiency and effectiveness of the project plans / schedules developed and utilised
- Assist in preparing Safe Work Packs (SWP's) in line with the agreed functional Quality Management Plan for completeness and fitness for purpose.
- To become a key point of interface between the planning function and the project teams and interface between the other project support functions such as Risk & Value; Cost Management etc.
- To assist in the planning process and confirm that they comply with the Network Rail procedural and quality requirements
- To provide assistance to the Possession Planner in the day to day requirements of the role.
- Continue personal and professional development within the Planning regime
Your experience will include:
- SSOWP - essential
- Computer literate
- Good communicator and able to work as part of a team
- Rail - ideal
- Planning exposure - ideal
What you'll get in return
Network Rail (powered by Capita), understand what it is like to work as a contractor and do everything they can to make it a simple process for you - this includes a dedicated Onboarding and extension teams and access to a web based timesheet portal giving you an ability to access and submit your timesheets wherever you are.
About our client - Network Rail
Network Rail is at the operational centre of the railway and playing a key role in a rapidly evolving industry. We are responsible for rebuilding Britain's railway infrastructure and are managing some of the biggest and most complex engineering programmes in Europe. Over the next five years we will be spending around £23 billion to maintain and upgrade every aspect of an infrastructure that comprises 21,000 miles of track, 2,500 stations, 9,000 level crossings, 40,000 bridges and tunnels, and signalling and power for the movement of 25,000 trains every day.
What we hope you will do next
Help us find out more about you by completing our short application process - Click apply now. You will then be directed to a Capita owned microsite that will assist you with your application. Once completed you will then be contacted by the relevant recruiter.
Network Rail welcomes applications regardless of age, disability, marital status (including civil partnerships), pregnancy or maternity, race, religion or belief, sexual orientation, transgender status, sex (or gender), employment status, trade union affiliation, or other irrelevant factor. We will interview all disabled applicants who meet the essential criteria.
Network Rail is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.
- <p><strong>Job Title – Assistant Operations Planner</strong
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job