center: "SE10 0TW",
The InterContinental London O2 is a new luxury hotel in the historic Royal Greenwich located on the vibrant Greenwich Peninsula.
The hotel exposes breath-taking views of the river Thames and Canary Wharf and features 453 guestrooms and suites, luxury spa with indoor pool, destination restaurants called Peninsula and bars - including an all-day dining restaurant, Tea Salon and glamorous Sky Bar called Eighteen with munificent 360 degree views of the City of London.
InterContinental O2 has a dedicated conference centre with an impressive 3,100sqm pillar-free ballroom, one of the largest in Europe.
The Assistant Night Manager will directly report to Night Manager and will ensuring the smooth and efficient operation and co-ordination of the Night team Operation by providing a highly personalised service ensuring maximum guest satisfaction and adhering to the standard required by the hotel.
Duties and Responsibilities:
* To take overall responsibility for the safety and welfare of all guests and staff in the hotel during the night hours.
* To be fully conversant with the Hotel Emergency and Evacuation procedures, ensuring all night reception team are competently trained in such procedures and to conduct regular emergency procedure checks.
* Ensure consistently high standards of presentation are maintained for the department, product and all personnel on duty.
* To oversee all operating departments during the night
* Support the Night Receptionists in their nightly work.
* Train Night Receptionist Staff on new policies and procedures.
* To understand the Hotel Early Bird Report. This report informs all the Head of Departments and Hotel Owner about the Statistics of the previous Day.
* Take over from the previous shift and pass on all relevant information to the next shift, including the volume of business, special guests/events, and items to be clarified/completed.
* Deal with guests' complaints and ensure prompt satisfaction of the guest.
* Carry out regular rounds and check all areas of the hotel,
* Support the Night Manager in tasks such as job interviews, appointment, employee training, assessment of performance, induction training, and consultation, if necessary, dismissals, in order to guarantee appropriate occupation of posts and productivity.
* Joint responsibility for maintaining standards, revise these regularly and guarantee that these are upheld by targeted training.
* Hold regular meetings within the department (performance review, information, proposals for improvement)
* Document all significant events during the night in the logbook which is passed on to the Night Manager.
* Drives the Arora/IHG values and philosophy
What we are looking for
* Previous guest exposure in the Tourism and Hospitality Industry desired
* Previous related Supervisory or Managerial experience from a busy 4* or 5* hotel environment
* Genuine passion for delivering inspirational guest service at all times
* Proven ability to work well under pressure in an organized manner
* Inspirational and motivating attitude
* Good knowledge of Microsoft Office, PMS such as Opera, Holidex, Internet
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job