About the Role
Join one of the UK’s most renowned retailers in our Merchandising department as a Assistant Merchandiser.
In this role, you’ll review sales, stock and markdown levels and identify Open To Buy opportunities for a particular product area, supporting the team to optimise sales and profitability.
- Forecast and re-forecast core line stock and sales, reviewing intake requirements with your Merchandiser and preparing data reports and analysis on a weekly basis.
- Work closely with the Trainee Assistant Merchandiser/s to ensure timely and effective intake management, ensuring the right stock is in the right stores at the right time.
- Assist the Merchandiser by preparing seasonal product budgets and completing range plans ensuring a balanced product offer is bought.
- Identify and monitor sales performance of markdown line in order to reduce Terminal Stock levels.
- Assist the Merchandiser in the phasing of plans by period in line with Open To Buy requirements.
- Support the coaching and development of Trainee Assistant Merchandisers within your team and deputising for the Merchandiser as and when required.
- Proven experience of working as a high achieving Trainee Assistant or Assistant Merchandiser within a similar retail environment
- Excellent commercial awareness
- High standard of numerical ability
- Exceptional data interpretation and analytical skills
- Ability to communicate effectively to all levels of the business
- Ability to work independently
With over 200 stores in the UK, a growing online presence and over 15,000 employees, working for Matalans exciting, collaborative, challenging, and above all fun! As part of the Matalan family you’ll be part of our exciting vision - to become the UK’s most trusted value retailer.
You’ll receive an in-depth 2 day induction with exposure to all aspects of the business and will receive an excellent benefits package including a holiday allowance of 25 days plus bank holidays, pension, 20% company discount and the opportunity to earn an annual bonus. You’ll also have access to our award winning learning & development platform, Matalan Education (Me.), to support your on-going career growth to become the best you can be.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'