Job title: Assistant Merchandiser
Location: North Devon
Salary: Up to £25,000
About the role:
To maximize profit through efficient stock management, optimizing sales and minimizing markdown across all channels. Assisting the Merchandiser in all aspects of the Merchandising function
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Input into the department strategy, producing historical analysis as required.
- Produce and maintain range plan reflecting up to date commitment and ensure all purchase orders are reported correctly on the system & reflected in OTB both on WSSI and OTB Tracker.
- On a weekly basis update & reforecast Line cards, highlighting problem areas and areas of opportunity and make proposals to the Merchandiser and Buyer.
- Produce Monthly & Weekly trade reports for all channels.
- Feedback current performance to the team and make suggestions for repeats, cancellations, and markdowns and understand the implications on profitability.
- Propose and cost markdown events and promotional activity.
- Oversee the availability of stock to ensure launch dates are met and intake targets are achieved in line with WSSI requirements across all channels.
- Alongside Branch Merchandising, Supervise the allocation and replenishment activity to ensure prompt and effective distribution of stock and that target branch stock levels are maintained.
- Undertake analysis of category/season/product performance on an ongoing basis and feedback lessons learned to influence merchandising decisions both in season and for the future.
- Input into cross-functional activity as required eg retail operations, Visual Merchandising and DC.
- Develop self through store, competitor and supplier visits. And through increased awareness of other HO functions and company issues.
- Maintenance of Attributions and Prices across systems, ensuring ease and clarity of reporting and analysis.
- Deputise for the Merchandiser.
- Good understanding of all merchandising principles and systems.
- Good understanding of customer profile, product range, and competitors
- Brand and commercial awareness.
- Knowledge of critical path and product lifecycle.
- Highly numerate, presentation and analysis of figures
- Good communication and negotiation skills.
- Presentation skills.
- Good planning and organization skills
- Supervisory and task delegation.
At Venture, our ambition is simple - to introduce the very best candidates to great businesses. Specialising in Retail, Hospitality, Sales and Head Office recruitment, we’ve built our reputation through outstanding account management and a flexible approach.
With over 20 years developing a network of trusted contacts - we provide solutions nationwide for high volume requirements and executive search assignments.
Whether you’re in Retail Management, Head office, Restaurant Management, Regional Management or from a Sales environment - whether you are a client, a candidate or a potential new employee we’d love to hear from you.
Your Journey. Your Future. Our Passion.
Keywords: Merchandiser, stock management, sales, product lifecycle, product ranges.
- Retail Sales
- Visual Merchandising
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job