Michael Page Fashion are recruiting for an Assistant Merchandiser for independent fashion retailer based in the North West.
Our client is a fashion business who prides themselves on classic and contemporary ranges which make them stand out from their competitors.
- The Assistant Merchandiser will be responsible for the following:
- You will be assisting the Merchandiser in planning, controlling and managing the buy, product ranging and intake management, in order to maximise sales, achieve sell through goals, maintain margin and deliver on company growth targets.
- You must have an excellent eye for detail and be used to making commercial decisions to influence buying decisions. It's essential you are a clear communicator both verbally and written and enjoy working across departments to achieve shared goals.
- Is able to deputise in the absence of the merchandiser, prioritising jobs to the changing needs of the business and delegate a wide range of tasks effectively.
- Assist the merchandiser in forward planning seasonal / departmental strategy to deliver on growth plans through brand, category and line level analysis.
- Plan forward seasons through using range planning tools, considering space, option and budgets.
- Be responsible for delivering accurate merchandising reports to the B&M team including revenue reports, budget sheets, range plans, line cards, space planning, stock holding and allocation levels.
- Confidently and proactively instigate ad hoc analysis as required, interpret results and recommend actions, in addition to ensuring regular reporting is accurate and consistent.
- Have experience of attending buying appointments, influencing selection through analysing key sales, planning and trend data.
- Enjoy working in a fast-paced environment to deliver orders in time for cut offs, working alongside the buying team.
- Be experienced in planning promotional activity including discount codes, mid-season and end of season sale markdowns.
- Manage the in season buying budget looking for opportunities to maximise sales across the stock file, making budget adjustments depending on performance.
- Experience in trading stock in season to maximise profit and increase sell thru.
- Manage and maintain intake goals responsible for ensuring all stock is on the system ready for delivery.
- Supervise and be responsible for the training and development of the allocator, ensuring regular objectives are set and reviewed and feedback given.
The successful candidate will have the following skills:
-Have a passion for the products we sell and the culture surrounding them.
-Have advanced skills in Microsoft Excel.
-Be highly numerate.
-Have experience in setting brand stock allocations, store to store transfers and working directly with warehousing would -be advantageous.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job