About the role
Reporting into the Merchandiser, the Assistant Merchandiser will be responsible for supporting the Merchandiser and managing the allocator. In addition to this they will assist merchandising the multi-channel business whilst building strong relationships cross functionally including but not limited to the Retail team, the Merchandising Director and the Web and Marketing team.
As Assistant Merchandiser you will:
- Provide robust current and historical analysis of the categories to drive strategic decisions and to provide context for the longer term direction of the brand.
- Support the Merchandiser with planning, WSSI, OTB, range planning and sell through to ensure the company objectives are met in terms of sales, margin and stock.
- Manage the allocator to ensure stock is allocated as planned and promptly; manage stock fragmentation effectively.
- Liaise with the warehouse on delivery / picking volumes to ensure manageable work flows. Assist in the management of the product life cycle, planning discontinuations and stock clearance.
- Analyse sales by size and propose size breakdowns for new products.
What you need to have:
- Previous experience as an Assistant merchandiser, ideally within Lingerie or Ladies Fashion.
- Previous experience at allocator level
- Experience of WSSI, Cat cards, OTB, range planning
- Inventory management experience
- Excel - intermediate/advance level
What we need to see in you:
- Team Player
- Methodical approach
- Numerate and analytical; accuracy and attention to detail.
- Self-starter with the ability to work as an individual, under pressure and prioritise
- Ability to think through problems and suggest solutions