Assistant Merchandiser - Leisure &Sports
To support the team by taking responsibility for ensuring all product is in the right stores to enable achieving departmental sales, markdown, stock, intake and profit plans.
Primarily 'Store' focused but working with the product file. Substitute for the Merchandiser in their absence
A leading Multi-Channel retailer in the Greater Manchester area, who sell branded & own Branded products. They are looking to grow their Merchandising team as there are going through a period of growth.
- Provide the Merchandiser and Buyer with the previous season analysis at store and product level
- Input into creation of the store strategy with the Merchandiser/Buyer
- Assist in formulation of range plan at store level with the Merchandiser/Buyer
- Work with the Merchandiser to ensure pre-scheduling meets options and range plan at store level
- Create ratios for all buys.
- Prepare weekly review of stores and product in preparation for Monday trading meeting
- Identify priority stores for the week, review and propose actions.
- New / Re-fit Stores - Analysis of performance
- Over / Under Performing Stores
- Over / Under Optioned Stores
- Priority stores fed to team by management team or other function
- Complete Retail Feedback sheets, completing required actions as well as any follow up.
- Attend store visits from which create and execute an action plan to improve trade
- Manage line cards in conjunction with the Merchandiser
- Participate in the Monthly Re-forecast
- Manage condensing of stocks and IBT's
- Taking direction from the Merchandiser, assist retail with merchandising aids
- Manage and monitor exception stocks on a daily basis, primarily through the GUI system
- Ensure stores are seasonally correct
- Plan and action new store ranges (in conjunction with pre-schedule)
- Carry out any ad-hoc analysis as required
- Consolidate the supplier order books
- Book in new product with guidelines from the Merchandiser
- Cost, retail and margin checks
- Reporting to the Merchandiser
- Working with the Merchandise Team
- Working with the Buyer
- Seeking guidance on 'Best Practice' merchandising from the Trading Manager and implementing
- Develop relationships as appropriate with Store Operations, Visuals, Marketing DC, etc
- Working as a Merchandise Assistant or Assistant Merchandiser or similar
- Strong commercial and brand awareness with an interest in product
- Professional with excellent communication skills
- Confident, enthusiastic and hungry to learn
- Highly organised, methodical and efficient
- Strong Excel Skills
- Company Discount Of 25% To 30% After 5 Year's
- Life Assurance Of 1* Annual Salary
- Discounted Membership at their Gyms
- In-House Training & Development Programmes
- Staff Sales
- On-site Canteen
- Free On-site Parking
- Opportunities To Progress Throughout The Wider Business
- Working Hours: Monday-Friday, 8:30am-5pm, 40 Hours Per Week
- Assistant Merchandiser
- Merchandise Assistant
- trade packs
- Line cards
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'