Temporary Assistant Mechanical Engineer
Recruitment Agency reference:6670320
A position has arisen for an Assistant Mechanical Engineer within a highly regarded public sector organisation. This is a key role ensuring the delivery of mechanical contracts for a six month temporary placement.
The successful candidate should hold a mechanical based qualification and preferably have previous experience managing contracts within a commercial environment.
Your duties will include:
- Responsible for supervising mechanical contracts within the public sector
- Issue permits to work, deal with contractor sign off and carry out risk assessments for mechanical works
- Organise contractors to ensure mechanical contracts are completed on time and to a high standard
- Provide technical support and knowledge on various types of mechanical HVAC plant, air handling units, air conditioning system, chillers and commercial boilers where required
- Responsible for overseeing legionella and Health & Safety compliance, following company Health & Safety and COSHH guidelines
- Advise on the need for new or replacement equipment
- Complete required company documentation on fault finding tests and corrective repairs
- Liaise with senior managers and other stakeholders in regards to any problematic situations
The successful candidate should have:
- You will ideally hold a HNC/HND in mechanical engineering or a relevant NVQ qualification and have previously worked in a commercial environment
- Preferably have previous contract management experience
- You must have excellent organisational and time management skills
If you are interested in this position or would like to find out more about similar roles please contact Beth Conway on and email your updated CV to
Venn Group is an equal opportunities employment business and employment agency and welcomes applications from all candidates.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job