Assistant Market Underwriter I
Location: Chipping Norton
As an Assistant Market Underwriter you will learn the fundamentals of multi-line underwriting, while working within the structure of a formalised underwriting training program including measuring exposure, analysing risk, price, quote, set coverage, etc. Upon completion of the underwriting training, and under close supervision and guidance you will perform basic market-facing underwriting functions in a field office setting, working within defined authority levels.
- Work closely with underwriting managers and assigned underwriters, who serve as the key contacts for target accounts.
- Service the needs of the customer and support others who maintain relationships with customers in given territory or region, hone skills in risk assessment and pricing.
- Respond to enquiries quickly and completely, also providing appropriate/accurate status updates.
- Recognise opportunities and respond appropriately.
- Identify and resolve problems by referring to policies, procedures, and standards.
- Make suggestions to improve procedures.
- Prioritize, organize, plan and process work.
- Monitor work processing using standard tracking tools ensuring attention to timeliness, productivity and quality so that projects are implemented efficiently and effectively.
- Follow procedures to ensure adherence to the company´s risk and compliance policies.
- Perform general clerical services to underwriters and underwriting support staff in the processing of all transactions, using established procedures and standard software.
- Provide feedback and recommendations for improvement of processes and systems.
- Identify and escalate customer feedback relating to process and system issues.
- Liaise with internal clients in order to exchange information, clarify facts, and resolve queries and/or problems.
Performance Management Accountabilities
- Demonstrate commitment to corporate values
- Take accountability for participating in the performance management cycle
- Participate fully as a team member
- Exchange expertise and provide advice to team members and business partners. Take action to manage own personal development.
Your skills and experience:
- Excellent at building relationships with external clients and/or customers, active listening and analysis.
- Knowledge of Underwriting.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Basic knowledge of the insurance industry and the legal and regulatory environment .
- Knowledge of underwriting philosophy, techniques, national/local filing regulations and guidelines.
- Strong negotiation skills.
- Presentation skills and a solutions and service orientation.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'