If you are an experienced assistant manager, department manager, supervisor or deputy manager from a retail background with a genuine passion for those you work with and those you serve then this opportunity is one you should not let pass by. If you are motivated by putting a smile on a customer’s face and enjoy working in a fast paced environment, Homebase could be the place for you.
The position of assistant manager is known in our stores as a coordinator, although the title is different the role specifics are the same.
What you will be doing:
• Lead, support, coach and motivate your store team to ensure that our customers have a great retail experience in our stores
• Maintain the store to keep it full, clean and tidy at all times
• Ensure the Team is trained and qualified to perform their tasks effectively and safely
What will help you succeed:
• Previous experience of leading your own department or working as an assistant store manager
• Able to demonstrate true customer service skills
• Eager to support and contribute to the wider team
• Great communication skills
• Work with energy, pace and passion
• Good organisation and prioritisation skills
• Passionate about home improvement, gardens, DIY and enjoy sharing your knowledge with others.
What's in it for you:
• working together as part of a dedicated and fun environment
• a competitive salary
• support to develop
• staff discount and other flexible benefits
• company pension scheme
Founded in 1979, Homebase is one of the UK’s leading home improvement and garden retailers. The company operates 249 stores across the UK and Ireland (as at 31 May 2018), employing 11,500 people throughout its store estate, distribution centres and support offices.
Its product range includes painting and decorating, plants, garden tools and accessories, and kitchens - all available in-store or online at www.homebase.co.uk.
Homebase was acquired by Hilco Capital, a financial services and investment company, in May 2018.
- Commercial Awareness
- Fast Paced Environment
- Service Standards
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'