Job Title: Retail Assistant Manager
Salary: £31,300 - £38,170 per annum
Do you want to be part of the fastest growing supermarket in the UK?
In this role you will be deputising for the retail Store Manager. You will be responsible for ensuring the whole retail store is managed effectively. You will need to lead a team in an environment focused on quality, service and availability. To be successful in this role you will need a genuine passion for retail and customer service and excellent leadership and coaching skills. Your enthusiastic and energetic approach, coupled with your ability to prioritise at pace will ensure your success. The role of retail Assistant Manager is all about developing a motivated, focused team that puts the customer at the heart of everything you do. In return you will receive a very competitive salary and a highly rewarding opportunity.
THE ROLE - KEY RESPONSIBILITIES
- Managing, coaching and developing a team
- Ensure customer satisfaction is delivered through efficient use of the team, and driving retail store standards and availability
- Lead and manage the retail store team
- Ensure the retail store complies with all health and safety procedures
- Motivate, train and develop your team, identifying development needs and stars for the future
- Plan and prioritise all store operational tasks to achieve excellence
- Manage and oversee all necessary store administration
- Manage stock movement, freshness, store availability and stock integrity
- Drive the store to meet and exceed all targets
- Deputise for the Store Manager, implement and execute all company instructions
- Understand the customer of your store, anticipate their needs and ensure they experience 'best in class’ customer service
- Ensure staff levels are adequate to achieve core business day to day goals and meet customer expectations
- Manage the overall replenishment process
Whatever your background, you will be ready to meet the challenge of driving one of the most successful retail stores and your own retail management career to further success and high rewards. Our client wants to meet people capable of leading and motivating their teams to achieve ambitious performance targets. You will understand the emphasis they put on customer satisfaction and you will be a highly effective team player who works closely with your retail Store Manager.
- Experience of retail management or food retail would be an advantage, although any hospitality, leisure or retail management background will be considered
- Ability to motivate a team to deliver is essential
- Ability to lead and work pro-actively within a team
- Experience of managing a service focused environment with a passion for setting and achieving results through yourself and others
- Strong communication skills
- Dedicated to a customer service culture
- Committed to retail operational excellence
- Can demonstrate a genuine desire for people
- Problem-solving and decision making comes naturally
KEYWORDS: Assistant Manager, Department Manager, Supervisor, Team Leader, Retail, Leisure, Hospitality, Store Manager, Deputy Manager, Section Manager, Trading Manager.
This role is being handled by McCarthy Recruitment, award winning specialist retail & HR recruitment consultancy covering the whole of the UK. McCarthy is like no other recruitment agency you will have worked with; our difference is our commitment to providing a professional and personalised recruitment service of the highest quality.
We provide our candidates with a consultative, honest, high quality and efficient service which develops long-term relationships ensuring we become the preferred consultancy for all our clients and candidates. We pride ourselves on understanding people - we are real, we get to the real you and we will get you real results. But then, put simply - It’s the way we work.
McCarthy Recruitment is retained and exclusive on this assignment
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.
Apply for this role now or find us online at:
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job