An opportunity exists to join our Reading Audit team to work in the exciting financial services sector. With a particular focus on quality and efficiency, Pensions Audit has been developed to transform the manner in which pension and pension related audits are performed by Deloitte in the UK.
As an Assistant Manager within the team you will provide both remote and on-site support to our client engagement teams in auditing pension scheme accounts, investment valuation work (in relation to corporate IAS 19 disclosures) and support other financial services client work as necessary within the financial services industry audit service line. This will involve you working with a variety of stakeholders and having to liaise daily with client engagement teams, pension scheme administrators, third party investment managers and management / Trustees of pension schemes.
We encourage consideration of flexible ways of working, both formal and informal arrangements that allow for the best outcomes for our people and our clients. If this opportunity is of interest to you with some flexibility, please do discuss with us.
Are you looking to return to the workplace after an extended career break?
For this role we can offer coaching and support designed for returners to refresh your knowledge and skills, and help your transition back into the workplace after a career break of 2 years or more. If this is relevant for you, just let your recruiter know when you make your application.
As an Assistant Manager within the Audit and Assurance practice you will have responsibility for:
• Management of an allocated portfolio of client engagements.
• Field managing, mentoring and on-the job training of client engagement teams.
• Completing the initial manager review of specific FRS102 compliance pension scheme audit files.
• Audit, field managing and reporting on corporate IAS 19 investment asset disclosures.
• Assisting engagement teams working on specific financial services projects.
• Undertaking of other tasks including practice management activities to assist audit teams and the team within Belfast Pensions Audit.
Your work, your choice
At Deloitte we believe the best impact is the value we add, not the hours we sit at our desk. We carefully consider agile ways of working, both formal and informal, that allow for the best impact for our people and our clients. Please speak to your recruiter about the working pattern that works best for you.
Reading with some domestic travel for client-based projects
This is a permanent contract opportunity.
Your professional experience
To qualify for the role you must have:
• Recently qualified as a Chartered Accountant
• Relevant pension audit experience and familiarity with pension scheme reporting and regulatory requirements e.g. SORP
• Computer literacy with knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word and Excel)
• Flexibility to travel within the UK when necessary
Candidates should be able to demonstrate:
• Attention to detail
• Ability to display initiative, proactivity, professionalism and confidence
• Diligence, hard work and co-operation to be an effective member of the team
• Strong and effective communication skills
• Ability to prioritise workload and work under pressure and with a flexible approach
Your service line: Audit & Assurance
In an industry best known for looking back, Deloitte looks beyond.
Our Audit & Assurance team understand the most important decisions are the ones we are yet to make. Crafting the future in an informed and clear-sighted way means understanding current conditions, as well as the trends that are shaping tomorrow. That is why we use our expertise in audit to show where things stand now, and to help inform the next step. With the assurance we provide, we help our clients to look ahead with strength and confidence across all of their accounting, regulatory and transaction needs.
Innovation is the key, underpinned by audit quality. You will be joining a diverse team of experts capable of delivering meaningful and durable change for both our clients and our profession.
Regulation and controls are standard practice in our industry and Deloitte is no exception. These controls provide important legal protection for both you and the firm. We are subject to a number of audit regulations, one of which requires that certain colleagues abide by specific personal independence constraints. This can mean that you and your "Immediate Family Members" are not permitted to hold certain financial interests (shares, funds, bonds etc.) with audit clients of the firm. The recruitment team will provide further detail as you progress through the recruitment process.
For a full job description please visit our online Deloitte Careers portal.
Requisition code: 181437
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'