An exciting opportunity has arisen for an Assistant Manager within Payment Operations to join a leading international bank in the City. Supervising a team of 7 you will be responsible for the processing, authorisation and settlement of payments for various banking operations. You will also be required to manage the workflow of the team as well as checking of work, undertaking the control function etc.
Duties to include;
- Ensuring the timely processing and settlement of payments
- Checking and authorisation of transactions
- Identification and resolution of errors
- Working with Front Office and customers to ensure the smooth running of deals, answering queries and reporting any delayed items to senior staff
- Providing MI and updates on investigations to senior staff
- Tight control of nostro outstanding
- Ensure operational risks and controls are properly managed and mitigated and producing external reports
- Working closely with the project management as required
- Development of policies and procedures
Applicants are welcome from those with previous back office payments experience gained at supervisory level ideally within international banking. You will demonstrate strong leadership skills with the ability to drive the team forward and bring about change where necessary. You will be adept in supervising staff with a keen attention to detail, excellent written and verbal communications skills with a desire to deliver 1st class service internally and externally. Fluent languages would be advantageous.
This vacancy is being advertised by Montpellier Resourcing Limited. The services advertised by Montpellier Resourcing Limited are those of an Employment Agency.
- SWIFT payments
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job