We are currently accepting applications for the position of Assistant Manager to join our Meeting & Events team at the Belfry Hotel and Golf Resort, Sutton Coldfield, West Midlands.
The Resort has been awarded 'England’s Leading Resort’ for three consecutive years as well as 'England’s Leading Conference Hotel’ in 2017. The Belfry is proud of its rich sporting history and heritage, hosting the Ryder Cup four times in 1985, 1989, 1993 & 2002. Join us and be part of our winning team.
Scope of the Role:
The main purpose of the role is to support the Meeting & Events Manager in the smooth running of the department, ensuring excellent guest service is delivered by the team at all times.
Our comprehensive and stylish meeting facilities comprise of 22 conference and banqueting rooms and can cater for a variety of events from board meetings to a full scale conference or a product launch, therefore the ideal candidate needs to have a strong background in the operational execution of events. The resort also caters for more leisure based events such as weddings, christenings and birthday celebrations so experience of assisting in the "on the day" presentation of this is ideal.
This is a fantastic opportunity for an aspiring F&B manager to gain great experience and skills in a multi-faceted role at 'England’s Leading Resort’
As the Assistant manager you will have proven experience of working within a similar role in a busy 4* hotel operation and you must also have a proven track record of managing a large and diverse team and the ability to cope with a fast paced and challenging work environment.
Key Responsibilities of the Role:
- Assist the Meeting and Events Manager with a hands on approach to the running of the functions and events whilst enhancing the guest experience.
- To assist with managing, training, and developing a large team working within all budgeted guidelines.
- Work closely with organisers, VIPS and other prestigious clients to deliver their expectations ensuring the highest attention to detail.
- Liaise with other heads of departments in order deliver what the client wants and maintain working relationships.
- Maintain operation standards to the highest possible level in respect of service, hygiene, health and safety ensuring high standards of cleanliness are maintained.
- Deal with complaints/problems politely and make every effort to resolve these with the minimal inconvenience to the guest.
- Ensure cash handling and account recharging/recording is dealt with in accordance with financial guidelines.
- Ensure appropriate staffing levels are adhered to in accordance with business needs and within wage budget guidelines; monitor staff levels and rectify if necessary.
- Strictly observe all applicable licensing acts.
- Applicants must have experience of delivering high levels of customer service, proven Team Management and be computer literate. You should be able to work flexible hours, on any day of the week.
- Proven experience in a similar role.
- You will also need to possess excellent communication and organisational skills.
- Knowledge of Health and Safety and licensing laws would also be an advantage.
- Passionate about the industry and poses an ability to work on own initiative.
What’s in it for me?
- 45 Hour Contract/ Straight Shifts
- Competitive Salary
- Industry leading training and development
- Meals On Duty
- Free Car parking
- 28 Days Holiday
- Team, Friends and Family discount on rooms B&B + leisure
- Up to 40% Discount on Food and Beverage outlets
- Discounted Gym Membership for you and your partner
- Plus Many Many More
If you feel that you fulfil the above criteria and are ready for your next career step within a progressive Hotel Company that provides lots of future career opportunities, training and progression we look forward to receiving your application in strictest confidence.
Please be aware that due to the high number of applications that we receive we must inform you that if you have not heard from The Belfry Hotel & Resort within 10 working days your application has not been successful
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'