Assistant Manager - Leveraged Finance & Corporate Banking
Our client are a full service established Corporate Bank who have embarked on a UK wide growth journey to allow them to sustainably increase market share.
The UK Corporate Banking team is continuing its talent acquisition drive and currently looking for an ambitious and experienced Leveraged Finance banker to join the Birmingham team.
You will be a graduate (preferably Maths, Economics or Accountancy) with 3 years Leveraged Finance experience with refined modelling skills.
- Responsibility for allocated Leveraged Finance and Corporate Banking portfolio, including management of Credit procedures and Risk control of assigned cases.
- To actively contribute towards the achievement of the teams objectives, including supporting new business development.
- To engage with other bank teams as appropriate, to support business objectives.
Principal Accountabilities and Responsibilities:
- Full day-to-day credit management responsibilities for accounts within allocated portfolio to include credit analysis, preparation and presentation of credit applications to the relevant sanctioning authority, preparation of facility documentation, security completion and loan drawdowns.
- Effective monitoring & control of assigned portfolio to ensure accounts operate strictly in-line with sanction and to include regular reviews, management of excesses, credit grading, timely receipt of management information, maintenance of diary systems, completion of watch-list cases, covenant/condition compliance and limit renewals.
- Ensure review process is maintained up-to-date and all cases are reviewed within the agreed 12 month cycle - any overdue review to be an exception. A security review should be completed in conjunction with this process.
- Establish and develop strong relationships with clients within allocated portfolio to include regular customer interaction and site/customer visits.
- Ensure all meetings and negotiations with customers are fully prepared for in advance with an agenda prepared and file notes or discussions / outcomes documented thereafter.
- Display an understanding of risk and an ability to assess and evaluate operational risks, escalating the risks (subject to defined parameters) to line management attention as appropriate.
- Establish and maintain strong working relationships with key external advisors to ensure maximum protection of the Banks assets through availability of quality advice on legal issues, valuations and project monitoring.
- Develop and maintain positive relationships with colleagues, Treasury Services and other departments, adding value to client relationships through cross-sales opportunities and enhancing and improving internal networks and interpersonal skills.
- To assist with the development of staff in the team concentrating on professionalism in credit management and customer service.
- Coach and develop junior members of the team ensuring effective contribution to the team.
- Play an active part as a member of the Corporate Banking team in achieving its business and strategy objectives. Support the Team Head and other team members in New Business Development activities, including interacting with Key Introducers.
Key Job Characteristics:
- Strong interpersonal skills to build effective working relationships across the business and to be able to engage with customers, colleagues and external professionals
- Well-developed business skills in particular lending/analytical and negotiating skills and a proven ability to analyse credit and risk.
- Ability to identify and analyse issues and demonstrate a logical, systematic and objective approach to solving them.
- High levels of commitment, energy, flexibility and personal integrity.
- High level of credit skills and judgement with a commitment to professionalism in credit management.
- Demonstrate the drive and commitment to continuously improve performance and ability to prioritise, plan and measure whilst consistently delivering reliable results.
- Supporting and proactively developing business customer relationships.
- Develop and foster the personal growth of yourself and others and participate fully in the performance management process.
- Strong organisational and time management skills.
How You Will Be Rewarded:
This is an opportunity to be part of something that is stable, exciting and growing.
You will receive a base salary of up to £60,000 PA dependent upon experience plus pension, healthcare and various other benefits.
Career opportunities are there for the taking for the right people as the bank continues to grow.
Excellent ongoing training is provided as is sponsorship for professional qualifications.
- Credit Analysis
- Financial Modeling
- Leveraged Finance
- corporate banking
- acquisition finance
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job