Our client is an International Banking that is looking to hire an Assistant Manager Facilities & Health & Safety to join their team;
Responsible for Health & Safety and Facilities management across the banks' site including European branches (remotely). This position will lead Safety initiatives to ensure compliance and drive continuous improvement of safety and environmental metrics including, fire safety, accident investigation, risk assessments, First Aid, Manual Handling and other Health & Safety activities, Manage and coordinate property, procurement, and various facilities projects as instructed by Manager. Key suite control and management. Management of national property files and leases to ensure a structured and robust filing system is maintained and documents are readily available. Assist manager and take the lead on activities including relocation/ movement/ renovation of any branch in the UK within the contract associated with the Bank. To ensure teams and all sub-contracts are managed and service levels are met to meet the service level agreements and client business requirements. Manage vendors, monitor all service lines and in-check periodically that vendor's are meeting bank's expectations.
Area of Responsibility
- Complete daily, monthly and yearly risk assessment and ensure any outstanding Facilities and Health & Safety issues identified during assessment is close at the earliest
- Maintain Facilities contract and agreement tracker and ensure all agreement are renewed on timely basis
- To act as Facilities and Health & Safety manager and First point of contact for Facilities and Health and Safety Service delivery.
- Manage the workspace at all London sites and any nominated outlying branches in Europe (Antwerp and Frankfurt) on behalf of the bank ensuring the correct Facilities are delivered and Bank is Health & Safety Compliant
- Liaison with the manager to develop, monitor, report on and manage all London budgets ensuring all issues, risks and opportunities are communicated.
- To ensure that all outsourced services consistently deliver to targets and comply with agreed SLA's to the London Manage vendors to provide specialist contracted Facilities Services
- Liaise with all external vendors to ensure consistency and clarity around all service lines.
- Reporting on a monthly basis to Manager on an agreed format on service and performance.
- To be the key point of contact between the client (London) and any relevant branch landlords ensuring that all relevant people are involved in any estate initiatives.
- To act as a customer to all Property focused projects (performed by the banks Retail Project Team) for UK sites and nominated branches including improvement adaptations and alterations to office space moves management and workplace.
- To have full management of all Facilities workplace services on the London sites including but not limited to; M&E, room bookings, mailroom, housekeeping, Stationary, R& M and general workplace services.
- Monitoring all aspects of the External/Internal Mail services and couriering services. Ensuring the best value for service is obtained.
- To ensure all procurement activity is performed in strict compliance with Company procedure and monitor cost spend in a view for further reductions for the Bank
- Ensure adequate delivery of all on-site Health and Safety and compliance ensuring all policies and procedures are aligned within the UK.
- Support UK and European branches on Health and Safety Issues
- Producing and monitoring a training platform for H&S for all staff within Bank UK PLC.
- Be a champion of best practice and ensure this is shared with all on-site personnel
- Demonstrate a commitment to and to work within the clients Core Values
- Advising the HR section on H & S issues relating to staff requests, sickness (accidents)
- To undertake projects and assignment from time to time as directed by Supervisor
- Able to think decisively, act accordingly and negotiate persuasively.
- Must be an individual with excellent communication skills, focussed on service delivery and customer service
- Must have a responsible attitude, a methodical approach to work and to comply with the client's policies and procedures and H&S requirements
- Planning & organizing skills
- Detailed Orientation
- Problem Solving Skills
- Good negotiator with various vendors and maintain cost efficiency
- Analytical ability & decision making skills
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job