Residential Childcare Worker - Challenging Behavioural Needs
South East London/Kent Boarder
Connect2Staff are currently recruiting for an experienced, permanent Assistant Manager to work within a residential living environment supporting young people who have challenging behaviour. This is a fantastic opportunity to join a company that invests in its staff and provides excellent, extensive training and development within the role.
- To work alongside the Registered Manager in managing the home in an efficient manner within the available resources, ensuring these are used to the best effect for the proper care of the children and running and maintenance of the home and the equipment there in.
- In conjunction with the Registered Manager, to be responsible for the arrangements of admission of children to the unit in line with the policy and procedures laid down by the Directors.
- Ensure that staffs, both Senior Residential Childcare Worker and Residential Childcare Workers (including their relief workers) are kept fully conversant by guidance, instruction and practice with all aspects of managing the home, so that they are able to take proper charge of the home in the normal course of their duties.
- To take appropriate action to ensure there is sufficient staff coverage at all levels, within the agreed limits, to maintain the efficient and safe running of the home.
- Ensure that there are efficient and known channels of communication for the proper dissemination of information, instructions and reporting back within the home and that all staff are fully conversant with their duties, rights and responsibilities.
- Ensure that the care and well being of the children is maintained at the highest level at all times and that this care reflects the needs and is appropriate for the children of both sexes and if necessary, residents of varied ethnic origins, by monitoring that all staff are undertaking their duties in a responsible manner and by taking appropriate action to remedy any unsatisfactory performance, including the identification of any further staff training needs.
- Seek to maintain the maximum level of individuality and independence of the children commensurate with group living and encourage communication and interaction within the home in order to broaden life and stimulate.
- Ensure that all children receive proper medical, dental and other ancillary care appropriate to their needs and that they are kept under regular planned review.
- Establish good relationships with the local community and encourage the help of volunteers with the home for the benefit of the children, at all times liasing with the appropriate company Director over the approval and use of volunteers.
- Encourage, stimulate and participate in social activities for the benefit of the children, including fund raising and to take responsibility for the proper administration of the home's entertainment and travel allowance in conjunction with the Registered Manager.
Requirements of an Assistant Manager;
- Diploma level 3 in Health and Social Care, Children and Young People or equivalent
- At least two years experience of working within a residential children's home at a senior level.
- At least five years experience of working with children and young people with behaviour problems.
- Full clean driving licence.
- Understanding of Equal Opportunities and Anti discriminatory practice.
- Understanding of The Children Act 1989 and 2004 and Children's Homes Regulations 2015 and Quality Standards.
- Extensive experience and training in Safeguarding children.
- At least two years experience of supervising staff.
- Desirable Management qualification and /or training Skills needed.
- Listening Good written and oral communication.
- Good computer skills
If you have the relevant experience and are interested in this position please apply immediately.Commercial Services Kent/Trading Ltd is an equal opportunities Employment Agency & Business and positively encourages applications from all suitably qualified and eligible candidates.