Assistant Manager (Cafe Bakery) Winchester
£23,000 + company benefits and day time shifts only. IMMEDIATE START.
We love recruiting for this company and are delighted to have been asked to recruit for this position, for an established and successful high street cafe bakery in the heart of Winchester that has traded well through the pandemic and continues to go from strength to strength.
Alongside having relevant experience we need a real people person, someone who can supervise, train, motivate and lead great people and teams. Passion for serving quality food and drink is also a must, alongside having some financial awareness and exceptional customer service skills.
These guys take great pride in making everything themselves either on-site or in their local central production unit and the quality is amazing!
You will either be an experienced assistant manager or a strong supervisor looking for your first managers position and your background will be working in busy coffee shops, restaurants, cafes, customer facing catering operations or cafe bakeries - in a hands-on capacity.
A massive bonus is that it is a day time only operation, so you will have a great work life balance.
ROLE - ASSISTANT MANAGER
As the Assistant Manager you will:
- Manage all day to day operations alongside the manager
- Help to control labour and all costs & budgets
- Train, supervise and develop your team
- Work in a hands-on capacity leading from the front
- Maintain high standards, compliance and company systems & procedures
- Manage stock and control wastage
- Deliver exceptional customer service
- Work to company targets and KPIs'
- Drives sales
ATTRIBUTES - ASSISTANT MANAGER
- Experience as an assistant restaurant/cafe/coffee shop/cafe bakery manager or a supervisor in busy fast paced commercial customer facing operations
- Some financial & commercial acumen
- Excellent people, communication and supervisory skills
- A hands-on lead from the front approach and a very keen eye for detail
- An understanding of legislation & compliance
- The ability to motivate and enthuse people and teams to deliver results
- Strong leadership, coaching and people development skills
- A positive and outgoing personality and outlook
- IT literate - working with systems & process
This is an amazing opportunity in the current climate to join a company that still has expansion plans.
Please note: You must be resident in the UK and eligible to work. We will respond to your application as soon as possible, and please bear with us because we are experiencing very high numbers of applications at the moment.
Penny Cook Recruitment is an equal opportunities employer, a recruitment agency dedicated to recruitment in the Hospitality Industry.
- Coffee Shops
- Assistant Manager
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'