We are seeking an Assistant Manager to join our highly qualified, motivated and dynamic ABC Financial Services team in London.
We deliver a large range of projects both on a proactive and reactive basis in ABC and Fraud Risk Management including Internal Audit reviews, devising and implementing target operating models, reviewing and enhancing policies and procedures, developing and delivering training, and working on a range of ABC and Fraud technology solutions.
We have great relationships with a large range of FS clients ranging from global banks to boutique investment houses, and our work can be with clients in the UK and other parts of Europe or beyond.
The successful individual will support the delivery of a range of financial crime projects with a core focus on ABC. Each project will generally incorporate a review and assessment of the current state of compliance, leading a team on-site, discussing matters directly with the client, proposing and delivering solutions and providing oral presentations and high quality written documents.
Our projects are often global and you are likely to work with colleagues from other KPMG member firms and from a variety of departments and backgrounds which also often presents the opportunity to travel.
As an Assistant Manager, you will be expected to use your industry experience and expertise to support the development of comprehensive and well considered solutions to clients’ challenges.
The individual will also be expected to participate in marketing, knowledge sharing and practice development. The individual will be based in KPMG's London office but will need to display a flexible attitude to working and be prepared to travel to/work at other locations across the country, and, on occasion, overseas.
All candidates are expected to demonstrate the majority of the following:
- Supporting technical delivery on projects relating to ABC, in particular development of ABC target operating models, conducting Internal Audit and other independent financial crime reviews, advising on ABC technology optimisation in conjunction with our data analytics teams, and large scale client remediation programmes;
- Supporting the development of propositions and developing a marketing and business development strategy in relation to the areas mentioned above;
- Supporting the risk and commercial aspects involved in the delivery of projects including budgets, planning and project governance; and
- Mentoring junior colleagues from diverse backgrounds during projects and as part of the KPMG appraisal process.
In order to be considered for the role, you must clearly be able to demonstrate the following:
- Has either: (a) held a role in the FS industry with responsibility for assisting in the management of ABC; or
(b) obtained equivalent industry experience through leading consulting projects;
- Proven track record in assisting teams to produce detailed, concise written reports to senior leadership teams; and
- Technical knowledge of the UK and European ABC regulatory requirements and market practice of at least two of the following activities:
- Target Operating Model design and implementation;
- Review and completion of ABC risk assessments;
- Review and assessment of ABC policies and procedures, systems and controls;
- Conducting Internal Audit Reviews of a ABC function
- Preparing clients for regulatory visits;
- Managing regulatory enquiries, skilled person reviews and enforcement action; and
- ABCremediation activity.
- Confidence to be able to quickly establish credibility with clients;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills that can be tailored to a variety of audiences;
- Proven ability to work with diverse teams drawn from various teams and backgrounds;
- Proven track record of people management and the ability to work within teams;
- Experienced in understanding and mitigating the risks and financials associated with client engagements;
- Excellent analytical skills and problem solving, self-motivation and possess an enquiring mind;
- A high degree of integrity and the drive and willingness to succeed; and
- Strong team ethos and ability to work efficiently and accurately under pressure.
Education and Training
- Education to degree level or equivalent experience; and
- Financial crime and/or relevant professional qualification is desirable.
- Anti Money Laundering
- UK Bribery Act