This professional organisation is seeking an Assistant Management Accountant to join their team. The ideal candidate will be a clear, analytical thinker with the ability to prioritise different tasks and manage your own time. You should take pride in preparing the best financial information and be brave enough to challenge the status quo.
You will be a key member of the team which has responsibility for the financial reporting of a company, group of companies, or one of the company’s divisions.
This role will be working from home with the occasional visit to the office.
The role can be suitable for entry level accountants with minimal relevant experience who have a strong academic record and a drive to progress with a finance career, through to part qualified accountants or those with three years’ experience in a similar role, to exam finalists or those with up to five years in a similar role. Relevant experience includes working as part of a financial reporting team, management accounting, budgeting, working with financial systems and working as part of a larger team to achieve common goals.
- Assisting with the production of monthly management and annual statutory accounts
- Assisting with the preparation of budgets and forecasts
- Supporting the preparation of financial reports for budget holders and other stakeholders external to finance
- Maintaining a good level of technical accounting knowledge to ensure that accounts are prepared correctly and in line with the relevant accounting standards.
- Ensure all reporting deadlines are met without exception
- Balance sheet reconciliations
- Journal processing, including ensuring the correct accounting of accruals and prepayments
- Interrogation of financial systems to identify errors and make corrections
- Variance analysis
- Ad-hoc reporting and analysis
- Identify opportunities for improvements
- External returns and reporting
Experience and qualifications
- Educated to GCSE and A-Level Standard (or equivalent), including GCSE passes in English and Maths. Relevant degree education or AAT level three or above would be an advantage in the absence of progression with further professional qualifications or relevant experience.
- Studying, or desire to study, towards a recognised professional accounting qualification (ACA/CIMA/ACCA) is desirable.
- Strong all-round IT skills with expert level excel skills is essential. Experience and knowledge of specialist financial systems is desirable.
- Ability to analyse, interpret and present information clearly and concisely.
- Ability to manage workload and deliver outputs to specific deadlines.
If you do not hear from a Consultant within 1 week of your application then unfortunately, on this occasion, you have been unsuccessful
- Advanced Excel
- Analytical Skills
- Financial Reporting
- Financial Systems
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'