An exciting newly created Assistant Management Accountant role with a leading business in Diss.
Your new company
CVS are the largest integrated veterinary service provider in the UK with turnover in excess of £200m and over 5000 employees. CVS operate several key business areas; over 400 veterinary surgeries, diagnostic laboratories, a pet crematoria division, a successful eCommerce business, pet insurance and two buying groups.
CVS are a highly acquisitive business, having doubled in size in the last three years and have further expansion, development and diversification initiatives planned. Due to their continued expansion, Hays are working in partnership with the business on this new opportunity for an Assistant Management Accountant.
Your new role
Reporting to the Management Accountant at Head Office, you will have the responsibility of supporting the Management Accounts team with the Groups management accounting process and procedures. Primarily focusing on Practice Division stock control. The principal aspects of the role are:
* Controlling the month end management accounting stock control processes, including supporting sites with month end processes, posting journals and undertaking reconciliations.
* Site visits as required to support understanding of the month end process and investigation of variances.
* Developing training tools to assist practice staff in understanding and investigating stock variances.
* Liaising with the Practice Management Systems team to request systems development as required.
* Developing reporting for the Regional Management Accountants to inform them of reasons for stock variances.
* Reconciling & reviewing nominal ledger accounts as assigned by the Management Accountant.
* Seeking continuous development and improvement in client service and processes.
* Mentoring, assisting & coaching the Finance Assistants in their roles.
What you'll need to succeed
* Be a Part qualified accountant (ACA/ACCA/CIMA or equivalent)
* Have Intermediate Excel skills;
* Have Strong oral communication skills;
* Good organisational
What you'll get in return
- Competitive salary
- 5 weeks holiday + Bank Holidays
- The opportunity to join the industry leading CVS sharesave scheme
- A range of other employment benefits such as childcare vouchers and ride to work schemes
- Substantially discounted veterinary care and medication for your pets, along with the ability to benefit from discounted pet insurance
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.
- Assistant Accountant
- part-qualified accountant
- management Accountant
- Assistant Management accountant
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job