Due to expansion a Lancashire based manufacturing company are looking for an Assistant Management Accountant as part of continued growth plans. This position is an ideal role for someone who is potentially part qualified, that is looking to take their career to the next level in management accounts production.
Assistant Management Accountant will be responsible for:
- Assisting in the production of monthly management accounts
- Assist with year-end audit and accounts production to statutory accounts
- Credit Control and Purchase Ledger
- Reconciliation of company cashbook, petty cash and intercompany balances
- Posting accruals and prepayments and other journal entries
- Completion of balance sheet reconciliations and other control account reconciliations
- Maintaining the fixed asset register
- Monitor and ensure compliance with Corporation Tax and VAT
- Investigate and resolve any variances in the accounts
- Develop and maintain financial procedures and policies
- Group consolidation and reporting into Group Head Office
- Other ad hoc tasks and projects including the review of company contracts, leasing agreements and office management.
- Part Qualified ACCA / CIMA or qualified by experience
- Experience of working in a busy finance department
- Intermediate Excel skills (Vlookups, Pivots)
- SAP experience preferred but not essential
- Organised with the ability to work on own initiative and prioritise workload essential
- Confident communicator who can work well under pressure
- Sales and Purchase ledger experience
Please note that the above vacancy us is only one of many that we are currently handling. Simpson Judge specialises in recruiting all types of part qualified vacancies for both temporary and permanent assignments.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job