Our client is a global broadcasting company. The company's global networks and websites reach millions of consumers across North and South America, Asia, Europe, Australia the Middle East and Africa. They currently have a fantastic opportunity working within their London based head office as an Assistant Management Accountant. The role is a high profile position within the finance department and you will work with the wider finance team to support the business as it embarks through a period of change. This is a hands on role that requires proven business partnering experience.
The main purpose of this role is to support the Senior Management Accountant in the monthly close process and preparation of management accounts for review under US GAAP.
• P&L variance analysis to Budget/Forecast
• Balance sheet variance analysis
• Responsible for monthly fixed assets accruals & reconciliation
• Responsible for monthly overheads accruals including IT, Facilities, Legal, T&E, Audit & Tax
• Assist with bank recs
• Responsible for several balance sheet reconciliations including preparation and review
• Assist Director, Accounting UK & EMEA in the audit process ensuring all supporting schedules and documentation is supplied to the auditors on a timely manner
• Assist the Director, Accounting UK & EMEA & Senior Management Accountant on implementation and maintenance of internal controls under SOX
• Assist the Senior Management Accountant in reviewing current processes and procedures identifying weaknesses and implementing improvements
Knowledge, Skills & Experience
• Newly qualified accountant or Finalist with experience in a Management Accounting team (ACA, CIMA, ACCA)
• US GAAP experience with a working knowledge of FRS-102 – an advantage
• Good communicator with strong inter-personal skills and effective in building working relationships across all levels of the business
• Experience of dealing in a multi-currency environment is essential
• Strong background in excel, powerpoint and word
Candidates must be eligible to work in the UK full time without restriction.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive it is not always possible to respond to unsuccessful applicants. Therefore if we have not responded to your application within five days please assume that on this occasion your application has not been successful.
If you’re interested in this position or are keen to hear more please click on “apply” above as soon as possible!
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job