Assistant Accountant - North Derbyshire- £25,000-£30,000
Macildowie Finance is currently working on a position offering the opportunity to work for a Growing Business based in North Derbyshire.
This is an exciting opportunity for an experienced Assistant Accountant to join the Finance team in a varied role which supports the management accounts process. This role within the team will report to the Management Accountant and assist with delivering the day to day accounting responsibilities.
The finance team will be playing an active part in leading and supporting the company in achieving its business objectives and revenue targets by providing key financial insight and control; whilst driving improvements to the operation and financial processes.
So what is the job?
- Preparation of monthly billing and revenue accounting
- Assist with the preparation of management accounts and the month end process
- Assist with monthly revenue and gross margin analysis
- Assisting in monthly stock reporting
- Stock reconciliation and analysis of ledger by location
- Investigation of gross margin variances
- Co-ordination of stock counts and reconciliation to the stock ledger
- Reporting on stock returns and warranty analysis
- Assisting in monthly overhead reporting:
- Preparation of overhead prepayment and accrual journals
- Variance analysis versus budget
- Maintenance of the Asset register
- Preparation of EC Sales List and Intrastat reports for submission
- Maintenance of system data
- Provide support and cover to peers as required
What are you like?
- Part-qualified CIMA/ACCA Student
- 2 - 3 years experience in a similar role
- Excellent attention to detail, accurate and diligent
- Resilience in working with manual systems
- High degree of integrity
- Ability to demonstrate working under own initiative and think things through whilst being innovative and creative
- Advanced Excel including pivot tables and lookups is essential
- Takes personal responsibility to deliver to tight timescales with a disciplined attention to detail
Package - £25,000 - £30,000
If you want to join an industry leading business with potential to grow into a bigger role then give Tom a call today, lets start the conversation and tell you more about this great job.
Macildowie is a specialist recruitment consultancy with a rich history of enhancing the careers of professionals across the Midlands and the Northern Home Counties. We have an unrivalled understanding of the local market place and recruit for the majority of the regions premier employers. To search for all of our live jobs please visit us at www.macildowie.com.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job