My client is renowned in the manufacturing industry for being the most exceptional advanced in their market, and in the world!
You will have a key role to play within the finance department. Your role will be fun, varied and FAST PACED so you need to have your eye on the ball and have great attention to detail!
Your accountabilities will be:
Performance Reporting – Prepare daily, weekly and monthly reports, in a timely manner, to be reviewed by the business for important decision making. Duties will include investigating Variance performance with the Operational team, to really understand how variances can be eliminated or controlled.
Profit & Lost Reporting- Preparation of daily and weekly PL, for group submissions, looking at Sales and Variance performances.
Month-End - To prepare and post journals (normally sales and margin related), and to query unexpected or unusual information. To prepare balance sheet account reconciliations (normally sales and margin related) for review.
Holiday Cover- Provide holiday cover for the Assistant Commercial Accountant, looking at Product Costings, and Category trackers, for review by the senior management team.
Control Environment- Apply Commercial and Operational controls, in line with audit requirements. Keeping the ERP system updated and maintained in a timely manner.
Provide time bound support for the monthly rolling forecast process – Support Senior Management Accountant with production of rolling forecast down to margin level.
We need you to have the following:
• A high degree of accuracy and attention to detail
• Ability to use Excel at intermediate level and the aptitude to work with bespoke systems
• Strong numeric skills and ability to handle large amounts of data at pace
• Consistent ability to meet changing deadlines
• A Team-player attitude with the ability to communicate effectively at all levels
• Ability to use own initiative and interact with Financial & non-Financial staff
• Flexible attitude to working hours
• Transport to and from work
Ideally you would also have product costing and Management Accounting experience however this is not essential.
Reed Specialist Recruitment Limited is an employment agency and employment business
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job