As an Assistant Management Accountant you will play a crucial role in supporting the Finance Manager; carrying out data analysis, processing and input and month end to tight deadlines
Your main responsibilities will involve managing accounts in preparation for Board reviews so it’s important you have a keen eye for detail to make sure they’re accurate. With the support of your team you’ll also be involved in reconciliations of revenue statements, balance sheet reconciliations and P&L analysis, along with quarterly HMRC reporting.
My client promotes development and training and therefore within this varied role you’ll have the opportunity to assist with ad-hoc projects; This will include the implementation of a new accounting package and future projects to come. If you’re looking for a role with scope, then this is the opportunity for you.
- Revenue reconciliation (internal system to commission statements).
- Weekly revenue review, ensuring revenue maximisation.
- Provide support and assistance to the Finance Manager; carrying out data analysis, processing and input and month end to tight deadlines.
- Preparation of monthly management accounts.
- Responsibility for Balance sheet reconciliations, P&L analysis.
- Responsibility of weekly and monthly reports - (for example, complaints, cancellations).
- Responsibility for procurement process (renewal of contracts, etc).
- Responsibility for HMRC reporting, VAT/Tax.
- Responsibility for weekly, monthly and annual overhead forecasting.
- Driving adherence throughout reporting, and reducing the level of purchase order non-compliance.
- New system implementation.
- Various ad-hoc projects as required.
- Review and improve control environment.
Skills and experience required:
- CIMA or ACCA Part Qualified (study support is available)
- Sage Line 50 experience ideal (or similar packages).
- Proficient within MS Office, with moderate Excel knowledge (Vlookup, pivot tables). Access experience preferable, but not essential.
- Confidence in dealing with internal and external stakeholders.
- Prior experience of implementing new projects preferable but not essential.
- Highly organised and an excellent communicator.
- Impeccable attention to detail.
- Confidentiality and integrity must be central to your core values.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job