Marks Sattin are currently searching for an ambitious Assistant Management Accountant to join a Wakefield based business's fast-paced finance function.
- Production of daily, weekly and monthly reports to the operations team.
- Production and development of ad hoc analysis to ensure Retail KPIs are relevant and being measured & communicated accurately.
- Production of costs of the monthly Operating Statement, analysing variances to budget/forecast and adjusting accruals/prepayments as necessary to ensure accurate position is reflected.
- Working with ops team to ensure store spend is properly controlled & monitored.
- Meeting regularly with ops and visiting stores & field teams to maintain detailed knowledge of the retail operation.
- Maintaining property cost schedules to ensure store leases and other property related costs are accounted for accurately.
- Reconciling data to ensure transactions are processed and recorded accurately.
- Working with Accounts team to ensure accruals/prepayments relating to costs are accurate.
- Managing the quarterly budget/forecast process for all store costs and contribution to the store sales forecast process.
- Analysis of performance with a view to improve forecasting, target setting and cost control.
- Partnering with other teams to analyse trading initiatives, potential new projects to ensure cost effectiveness/profitability.
- Identify opportunities in the model for cost savings and efficiency improvements.
- Other ad-hoc projects as required.
- Actively studying towards CIMA/ACCA qualification.
- Commercial and finance analytical experience.
- Strong Excel skills.