MB Fitzgerald has recently registered a brilliant Assistant Management Accountant position with a leading Retail Brand in the heart of the West-End.
As an Assistant Management Accountant you will be responsible for the production of timely and accurate management accounts for the Company.
The role reports to the Financial Controller and will work closely with the Operations team to provide accurate and timely management accounts to agreed deadlines.
- Production of monthly management accounts in accordance with agreed timescales to include a comparison with budgets and forecasts together with explanations of major variances
- Preparation of monthly cash flows, highlighting any potential areas of concern
- Purchase invoice processing
- Preparation and review of profit and loss accounts for the income streams.
- Monthly review of all ongoing budget expenditure with stakeholders, highlighting risk areas where budgets are likely to be exceeded
- Attending meetings with Management and Partners to discuss results and action points
- Monthly production of balance sheet reconciliations
- Reviewing purchase and sales ledger balances with sub-ledger managers’.
- Project work as and when required
- Preparation of year-end audit files and liaison with auditors
- Support the UK Financial Accountant in preparation of statutory accounts and SOX schedules
- Ad hoc support
- A member of the on-site finance team
Skills / Knowledge / Experience
- ACCA or CIMA studier with strong accounting knowledge
- Experience in producing Management Accounts and Balance sheet reconciliations
- Excellent IT skills, strong Excel and experience of Sage accounting an advantage
- Committed to getting the job done and delivering to agreed deadlines
- Great attention to detail, presentation and passionate about getting it right first time
- Confident in your communication skills with good commercial awareness
- Good organisational skills
- Pro-active approach to problem solving
- Familiarity with UK accounting principles and preparation of statutory financial statements