This high profile london based not for profit organisation is looking to recruit an Assistant Management Accountant - Research to support and ensure the research teams are adhering to key financial processes and compliance activities in respect to their grant funded activities.
Reporting to a Senior Research Accountant, your daily’s duties will include:
- Assist in ensuring that financial reconciliations and funder reports are prepared for all grants on a timely basis
- To ensure that budgets are loaded and monitored for externally funded research activities in line with the funder financial cycle
- Provide comprehensive financial management support to budget holders on smaller grants, including studentship and fellowship grants
- Load grant income and expenditure budgets on timely basis for awards, in line with the specific award lifecycle, and undertake virements where required
- Assist in the provision of grant costing information for grant applications. This will involve supporting Senior Grant Accountants in ensuring that applications meet policies around research governance and overhead recovery
- Support Senior Research Accountants in the completion of external funding body financial reports and returns in line with funder requirements
- Ensure authorised signatories and budgetary approvals are fully up-to-date and comply with guidelines
- Ensure that funder invoicing takes place in line with agreements, and assist the Accounts Receivable team in the resolution of funder invoicing and income recovery issues as required
The successful candidate will be a CCAB part-qualified accountant who is still working towards their professional qualification. You must have an interested in and commitment to providing accounting support within a scientific research environment. You must possess high attention to detail and have strong influencing skills whilst possessing first class written and verbal communication skills.
For this exciting role, it is essential that you have excellent systems skills including being an advanced user of Excel, whilst a working knowledge of Agresso would provide a distinct advantage.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job