I am recruiting on behalf of a growing SME business who is seeking an experienced Assistant Management Accountant to join its team. This is an integral role within the business to ensure the smooth running of day-to-day finance function. The company is seeking someone who wants to use their fresh ideas and move the Finance function of the business forward with enthusiasm and drive whilst at the same time progressing in their career.
Reporting into the Financial Controller the main responsibilities will include -
- Preparation of month-end accounts, journal postings and balance sheet reconciliations
- Input into the preparation of rolling 12-month forecast and budget
- Cashflow management
- Preparation of monthly reports for corporate and internal managers
- Monitoring capex spend
- Assistance with year-end external audits
- Support with monthly payroll preparation
- Submission of quarterly VAT returns
- General support to the finance and operations team
- Ad-hoc reports and analysis
This role will suit someone who is an energetic and enthusiastic initiative-taker, who aligns with company’s goals and values. Someone who is a strong team player who has a "can-do" attitude. You will possess excellent organisational skills and have strong attention to detail with an ability to communicate professionally and confidently.
The ideal candidate will -
- Be AAT Qualified or working towards an accounting qualification
- Have at least 2 years relevant experience in providing high quality, fast paced support within a Finance function
- Possess excellent computer skills, particularly Microsoft Office Excel
- Have experience with Xero desirable but not essential
This is a full-time role working Monday to Friday 37.5 per week. There will be some WFH offered after the successful passing of probation which is 3 months
Auto-enrolment pension (after 3 months)
25 days holiday plus bank holidays
Salary £30k-£35k per annum DOE, study support package considered
This role is a great opportunity for the right candidate to join a successful, growing business and use their skills to support the day-to-day running of the business as part of a friendly, enthusiastic and motivated team.
Please note Reed.co.uk does not communicate with candidates via Whatsapp, and we will never ask you to provide your bank, passport or driving licence details during the application process. To stay safe in your job search and flexible work, we recommend visiting JobsAware, a non-profit, joint industry and law enforcement organisation working to combat labour market abuse. Visit the JobsAware website for information and free expert advice for safer work.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'