Assistant Management Accountant (Professional Division)
Location: London - E1 8QS
Salary: £21,000 - £23,000 depending on experience
Employment Status: Full-Time, Permanent
Wilmington plc is a dynamic and expanding company with a common aim - turning knowledge into advantage. We provide information and training to professional business markets within the Risk & Compliance, Finance, Legal and Insight sectors. We enable professionals and their organisations to enhance performance by providing high quality, relevant and reliable information, education and knowledge. Our services are underpinned by our core values of enhancing, enabling, collaborating and innovating.
Main Purpose of Role
To provide assistance to the Divisional Financial Controller and Management Accountant in preparing monthly management accounts and assisting with forecasts and budgets across various businesses within the Professional division.
- Work closely with Management Accountants assisting with the preparation of Monthly reporting, forecasts & budgets.
- Creating and updating templates in excel for Flash, Forecasts and Budgets.
- Uploading Actuals and Budgets into the relevant Ledgers in Sun & amending Q&A Reports accordingly.
- Responsible for ensuring that the monthly balance sheet files for a number of entities are complete; ensuring that the balance sheet reconciliations are received from the correct person in a timely manner, correctly referenced/filed and agree to the accounts.
- Prepare weekly and monthly KPI reports and develop new ideas on reporting of these KPIs.
- Ad hoc tasks as required by the business.
Skills and Experience Required:
A proven understanding of double-entry book-keeping and accruals & prepayment concepts of accounting.
Hard-working individual looking to progress in Management Accounts with a keenness to study towards a Professional Qualification
An excellent level of excel (including Vision Excel) - would need to be able to create and modify spreadsheets with formulas and linking sheets.
Ability to work with others to achieve team goals.
Be able to handle sensitive/confidential information appropriately.
Ability to work to tight deadlines and prioritise workloads accordingly.
Attention to detail - accurate accounts are essential for decision making.
Good communication skills at all levels
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job