I am currently recruiting on behalf of my client for an Assistant Management Accountant to join the team on a 6 month contract basis. The primary role is to support the Finance Manager and the Finance department in the undertaking of several tasks to support the accuracy and timeliness of daily processing and monthly reporting.
* Assist with management accounts production in an accurate manner and in line with deadlines set by senior management.
* Ensure strict compliance with the monthly timetable and complete any required journal entries or reconciliations. To ensure agreed reconciliations are performed on a regular basis and liaise with auditors to ensure clean audits are achieved.
* Help in the preparation of full analysis of P&L account transactions, in an accurate and timely manner, including investigation and correction of any mi-postings.
* Help in the preparation of full balance sheet reconciliations in a concise and well presented format, including third party evidence where appropriate and any explanations and required action plans for identified differences.
* Assist with updating of cashbook transactions into the ledger/bank transactions into the forecast.
* Ensure effective line of communication with the business and implement value adding changes.
* Other ad hoc duties as required.
Qualifications, Skills & Experience:
* Good understanding of double entry accounting.
* Part qualified CIMA/ACCA.
* Demonstrate good IT, communication and numerical skills.
* Methodical, accurate and good personal management skills.
* Hands on approach.
* Good customer service skills.
* Able to work under pressure and within deadlines when necessary.
If you are readily available to start new work and can commit fully to the 6 month contract (this may well be extended) then please apply to be considered for the shortlist.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job