Opal Recruitment are looking for a Assistant Logistics Manager for a client of ours based in Leeds. This is an intrinsic role within the business which distributes products globally.
Previous experience of implementing and managing independent logistical controls is essential for this position.
Salary £22,000 - £24,000
- Organising and monitoring the distribution of goods to ensure they reach the customer on time
- Order processing including checking prices, lead time and expediting orders where possible
- Liaising with other departments to provide logistics information
- Working closely with third parties e.g obtaining freight quotes
- Assist with the recruitment and training of new staff
- Customer service activities
- Assisting line manager; managing customer supply channels, stock availability and projects
- Working closely with stakeholders
- Booking and tracking shipments
- Minimum of 2 years' experience of implementing and managing independent logistical controls
- Education to degree level or equivalent in Management/Business
- Experience in supervising/co-coordinating a team
- Reporting in 'real-time' to customers, stakeholders and other departments
- Able to work well under pressure and prioritise workload accordingly
- High level of literacy/numeracy skills (inc. Sage and Excel)
- Great attention to detail
- Excellent customer service skills
- Experience with third parties and building strong relationships
- Honest and trustworthy
If you maybe interested in this role please contact Emma at Opal Recruitment as soon as possible.
Please apply today to avoid disappointment.
We represent positions in the following disciplines: Accountancy, Audit, Taxation, Finance, HR, Insurance and Office Support. Please visit our website for further contact details. www.opalrecruitment.co.uk
You can also like us on facebook /Opalrecruitment and follow us on twitter @OpalRecruituk for all our latest jobs opportunities and news
- Customer Service
- Logistics Management
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job