Are you an Assistant Quantity Surveyor looking for a new contract position in Sussex? We've landed a new Assistant Quantity Surveyor role delivering new build residential projects.
Job title: Assistant Quantity Surveyor
Contract type: Freelance
Salary / pay rate: £180 - 200 a day
Location: East Sussex
Duration: 8 months
Start date: ASAP
Randstad CPE contact: David Baker (Brighton Branch)
A national multi-disciplinary building contractor with a focus mainly on social housing and residential developments.
Helping support the commercial team on all social housing and new build residential scheme's
As the project based Assistant Quantity Surveyor you will assist the commercial lead for the 2 projects. Over a period of time you will be developed, guided and mentored under the leadership and supervision of the commercial lead with the clear intent to help you gain valuable experience leading you to level where you can manage your own schemes from conception to completion. The Assistant Quantity Surveyor role is to:
- Assist with the control of various subcontract packages from enquiry through to final account.
- Assist with the measurement and re-measurement of the project works.
- Support on the valuation of the works.
- Liaise with supply chain.
- Prepare comprehensive order particulars and management of subcontractors.
- Process various approvals including payment notices, applications, valuations and variations.
To be an Assistant Quantity Surveyor within this organisation you will:
- Have gained circa 2 years relevant experience within the social housing or residential developer world.
- Be highly numerate, capable of accepting multiple instructions, able to prioritise, coupled with a professional and strong work ethic.
- Ideally be on a path to a construction orientated BTEC/HNC/HND/Degree.
- Possess excellent interpersonal skills (written and verbal).
- Have excellent IT literacy and skill which are critical for this role.
What you will receive in return:
- Competitive salary or day rate will be offered.
- Parking on site
What to do next:
To apply for this role, please click "apply now" and submit your CV. If this isn't the role for you we would still like to hear from you so we can inform you of the other permanent and freelance positions we currently have on our books.
Randstad Construction Property Engineering is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'