An award winning client of ours is currently looking for an Assistant IT Manager to join their fun and creative company in Loughton, Essex. A leader in their industry, they manage high profile events and magazine publications.
You will be a driven individual who is committed to delivering against tight deadlines, able to work to under pressure and have a flexible “can-do” attitude.
You will work Monday – Friday, 9:00am – 5:15pm and receive a competitive salary. This is an amazing opportunity to join a company that are passionate about delivering results and are the best at what they do. They can offer you an excellent working environment and the opportunity to work for one of the best known companies in their industry.
As the Assistant IT Manager your primary role will be assist the IT Technical Director in the management of the day to day operations of the IT department as well as have an active role with ongoing development.
The ideal candidate must have and strong attention to detail, technical hands-on experience and previous management of a small team.
You will be the escalation point within the department so you must be approachable for your team and other members of staff around the business.
- Assist in the management of the day to day operations of the IT department
- Plans and implement development changes at suitable times
- Encourage the development of the engineers in your department
- Manage the department budget and expenditure
- Ensure all department tech drawings and technical process documents are up to date
- Ensure the company backups are successful and the DR/HR plan is always ready
- 3+ years management experience or senior engineers experience looking to move up the ladder
- Active Directory
- Windows Server 2012
- TCP/IP Fundamentals
- MAC OSX
- DNS / DHCP
- Switching (Including VLAN’s)
- Linux (Ubuntu/Centos)
- Implementation and management of Office 365 (Desirable)
- Cloud Computing such as AWS, Site Ground, Azure (Desirable)
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job